006.

CHAPTER SIX
MOTHER, MAY I?

          WHEN JASPER WAKES, it's to Nixons obnoxious ringtone blaring into his ear

          WHEN JASPER WAKES, it's to Nixons obnoxious ringtone blaring into his ear. The man had changed it to a recording of him playing his flute tremendously out of tune and loud. Jasper rolled over and propped himself up on his elbows before answering.

"Why," he groaned. "Are you of all people up so early?"

He's met with silence that alarms him. "Nix?"

A deep breath. "Don't freak out."

"When you say that it typically means I'm going to freak out and it is not reassuring at all," Jasper ranted while sitting up. "What happened?"

"It's Sora," he whispered. "She called me earlier. The shop was vandalised and someone tried breaking into her apartment since it's right above the shop and, Jas, she's shaken up pretty bad."

"Is she okay?" Jasper rushes out. Sora and Jasper were not as close as she was with Nixon, but Sora was so good. She has a pure heart of gold and he's naturally protective over her.

"She's alright," Jasper sighs in relief. "But the shop is busted up pretty bad. I'm on my way down there to help with repairs."

"You left Mystic Falls?" Jasper questioned.

"Yeah," Nixon answered. "I'll come back if you need my help though."

Jasper pushed himself out of bed and walked towards the window, pushing the curtains open. "I'll be fine. The less people I care about in this town the better. Things always seem to be happening and if you aren't Elena Gilbert you're expendable to the Salvatore brothers."

Nixon laughed. "You'll be fine. One Salvatore seems to still be smitten with you."

Jasper paused. "What?"

Nixon was laughing again. "Don't tell me you didn't notice!" Jaspers pause made him keep going. "Steffy looked at you like you hung the stars in the sky last night, Nix."

"He loves Elena."

"Doesn't mean he still doesn't love you," Nixon paused. "But you fancy someone else."

Jasper groaned. "I don't fancy Nik."

"I didn't say it was Nikkie now did I?"

"I'm hanging up."

"Love you Jas, stay safe."