009.

CHAPTER NINE
WATER WITH LIME

           JASPER WAS CONFUSED WHEN NIXON SENT THE LOCATION OF A PARK TO MEET HIM AT

           JASPER WAS CONFUSED WHEN NIXON SENT THE LOCATION OF A PARK TO MEET HIM AT. Nixon was more of a catch-up-over-a-drink type of guy. He didn't bother questioning it though as he had learned to accept going along with Nixons antics.

     Jasper had told Klaus his plans that morning and Klaus had simply responded saying he was planning on intruding the Salvatore Boarding House for the white oak that Stefan had failed to deliver. He'd also mentioned he wanted Jasper to stay away from Stefan after the incident. The two had their own plans for the day and Jasper was thankful he wasn't pulled along.

     Pulling into the parking lot, he spotted Nixon leaning against his black motorcycle. Nixon looked up and smiled brightly and waved dramatically as Jasper pulled into the spot next to him.

     Jasper stepped out of his car and didn't flinch when Nixon threw his arms around his neck. He stumbled backwards as he wrapped his arms around Nixons waist smiling as he did so.

     "Hey Nixie," Jasper mumbled.

     "I missed you." Nixon smiled, resting his chin on Jaspers shoulder.

     "It hasn't been that long," Jasper stated while rubbing Nixons back. "What's up with the park?"

     Nixon pulled away and smiled mischievously. "What? I can't enjoy nature with my best friend that I missed oh so dearly?"

     Jasper gave Nixon a blank stare that the boy laughed at. "Come on! Come on!" In a flash, Nixon laced his fingers with Jasper and began dragging him towards the park. Jasper didn't object and allowed himself to be pulled along.

     Nixon stopped suddenly and turned to Jasper. "Close your eyes."

     Jasper raised an eyebrow, but sighed and closed them anyways. Nixon continued pulling him further and Jasper sensed they weren't alone anymore. "Keep em closed." Nixon sing-songed.

     Jasper almost fell backwards when a small body slammed into him. Curses were ready to roll off his tongue, but at the sound of a laugh he stopped.

     "Sora," Jasper laughed.

     Sora smiled up at him and threw herself around him again. This time he caught her properly and hugged her close to his chest. He hadn't seen Sora in well over a month. He'd been staying with her helping settle into the small town before he'd gone back to New York. Nixon on the other hand was constantly with her. Nixon was far more protective of the small siphon witch as they had more in common. Nixon was always going back and forth between his apartment in New Orleans and Soras.