008.

CHAPTER EIGHT
BROKEN WINGS

          REBEKAH ARRIVED AT THE HOTEL THE NEXT MORNING WITH A PROUD DECLARATION THAT SHE HAD DESTROYED THE REMAINING WHITE OAK AND FOUND A WAY TO PERSUADE FINN TO HALT HIS SUICIDE MISSION

          REBEKAH ARRIVED AT THE HOTEL THE NEXT MORNING WITH A PROUD DECLARATION THAT SHE HAD DESTROYED THE REMAINING WHITE OAK AND FOUND A WAY TO PERSUADE FINN TO HALT HIS SUICIDE MISSION. She said that the love of Finns life, a girl named Sage, was in Mystic Falls and waiting for Finn. Jasper had been sitting in front of the window tracking Finn throughout the city while Klaus sat in a chair behind him sketching.

     Their dynamic had boldly shifted. Klaus woke him up with soft kisses to his face and had been randomly dropping them since. The action made Jasper happy, but he couldn't help but feel as though they were rushing the relationship a bit too much.

     Klaus had made the plan of cornering Finn in the street. Klaus had separated from Rebekah and Jasper leaving the two alone in an alleyway.

     "What are you doing with my brother?"

     Jasper looked up from where he'd been leaning against the wall. "What do you mean?"

     Rebekah took a step forward, crossing her arms over her chest. "I haven't seen my brother act like a lovesick fool in centuries," she said bluntly. "He lives by the motto that love is a weakness, so do pray tell, what is so special about you?"

     Jasper looked down the alley to the street where people were passing. "I don't know," he confessed. "I'm figuring it out myself."

     "You and Stefan Salvatore were engaged weren't you?"

     Jasper flinched. "We were," he turned to look at Rebekah. "Why?"

     "How do I know you won't leave my brother for him?"

     "You don't," Jasper kept eye contact as he pushed off the wall. "But I have every intention of keeping Nik and the rest of you alive. Something Stefan is fighting against, so you see, we aren't exactly on the same side."

     Rebekah opened her mouth to say something, but Jasper held a hand up. "They're coming."

     Seconds later Finn was in the alley only for Rebekah to step in front of him. "Let's not make this any worse than it has to be, darling brother."

     Finns face twisted into confusion. "You're siding with him? Rebekah, he stored us in boxes."

     "At least he's not trying to make us extinct." She stressed the last word.

     Jasper felt the moment Klaus entered the alley coming up behind Finn. "What are you going to do? Kill me?"

     "Oh, yeah, that's right— you've got a death wish," Klaus drawled. "Fine. Pathetic, but fine. The thing is, I'm not going to have you take the rest of us down with you."