010.

CHAPTER TEN
STEADY HANDS MAY SHAKE

          JASPER HAD DISCOVERED THE DREAMS CAME BACK THE FIRST NIGHT AWAY FROM KLAUS

     JASPER HAD DISCOVERED THE DREAMS CAME BACK THE FIRST NIGHT AWAY FROM KLAUS. All Jasper wanted to do was sleep and he wasn't granted that momentary peace.

     After Nixon picked him up, they went back to the original bed and breakfast Jasper had stayed in when he first arrived in Mystic Falls. Miss Flowers had took one look at him and smiled sadly. She'd brought hot chocolate up to his room which Nixon accepted while Jasper curled up on the couch.

     "Every time," His voiced cracked. "Every time I close my eyes he's there and I want it to stop."

     "I know," Nixon whispered while pulling Jaspers head into his lap. "I know." He started carding his fingers through Jaspers hair. Jasper relaxed a little, his eyes slipping shut.

     "I'm going to kill him." Nixon voiced out.

     "Okay." Jasper didn't bother arguing.

     Logically, Jasper knew Klaus' words were out of anger and a feeling of betrayal. Klaus had enough trust issues as it was, so hearing Jasper was engaged to someone actively plotting his demise probably set off a few buttons.

     Jasper could forgive that. What he couldn't forgive was the secrets. A secret about his mother. The fact Klaus had a hand in his mothers death and had known who she was for weeks. That was the part throwing Jasper for a loop.

He wanted to sleep. He wanted desperately to have a moment of relief to collect himself and then come back to the problem at hand to work out a solution. Jaspers go-to course of action when something went wrong was to fix it, but he couldn't think of a way to fix what had happened.

Jasper loved Stefan once upon a time and truly believed that they could have had a life together, but would it be right? To love a man while dreaming of another?

Maybe if Jasper had never met Klaus he could have tried again with Stefan and made it work. To still have countless questions unanswered and live in ignorant bliss. But Jasper knew Klaus now. Knew Nik. He knew the man that had countless sketches of him and painted when he was angry. Who rubbed at the Mikaelson crest around his neck after arguing with a sibling.

It made the situation harder and Jasper subconsciously curled himself closer in to Nixon who simply held him.

He needed to talk to Nik, but space would have to do for now. For now, Jasper needed to be held.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

      Jasper blinked lazily as his eyes readjusted. He noted his head was in Nixons lap still, but he was tucked under the covers. He pushed himself up making Nixon look over at him and put down the book in his hands.