Chapter 29

We had to walk most of the way to our next hideout. Appa was too tired to carry all of us. Which makes sense but it still sucked.

"This is humiliating," Katara said.

"Do you mean getting thoroughly spanked by the Fire Nation," Katara looked over at Sokka who was talking, "or having to walk all the way to the Western Air Temple?"

"Both."

"Sorry guys, but Appa," Aang scratched his head, "gets tired carrying all these people."

I could overhear some other people talking, but I didn't pay attention. "I'm gonna pass out," I mumbled to Toph. We were walking next to each other. I used her arm to keep myself steady.

"Hey, we're here. I can feel it," Toph said.

"Uh, I think your feet need their eyes checked," Katara said.

"No, she's right, we are here," Aang said.

We used Appa to get down to the temple, which was upside down under the cliff. As soon I touched the ground I slowly laid down, spreading myself across the cool floor.

"You doing okay?" Toph asked.

"No," I sighed, "but it's better than it normally is. I just feel weird after the eclipse, like it made me sick or something."

Katara and Aang walked off to the side. Then Sokka and Toph joined them.

"Hey Y/n," Katara called out to me. "Can you teach Aang firebending?"

"I can try, but... later." I groaned and rolled over onto my side.

Sokka and Toph sat down near me. And Katara continued to try and convince Aang to learn firebending.

"Aang, I think we should be making some plans about our future." Sokka said. Aang and Appa, who was flying with him, landed by the fountain.

"Ok, we can do that while I show you the giant Pai Sho table. Oh, you're gonna love the all-day echo chamber."

Toph suddenly turned around. "I think that'll have to wait." I sat up and looked where she did.

Zuko stood there. "Hello," he raised his hand up in a greeting, "Zuko here." Everyone got defensive. I stood up using Toph for support. "Hey, I heard you guys flying around down there, so I just thought I'd wait for you here."

Appa walked over to him, growling. Zuko stepped back, covering his face with his arms. Appa suddenly licked him.

"I know you must be surprised to see me here," he said as he wiped off the slobber.

"Not really, since you've followed us all over the world."

"I mean I did manage to find you guys in the span of two or so days, it's not hard."

He seemed uncomfortable. "Right... Well, uh... anyway, what I wanted to tell you about is that I've changed, and I uh, I'm good now. And, well, I think I should join your group. Oh, and I can teach firebending... to you." Aang lowered his staff. "See, I uh-"

"You want to what now?!" Toph asked.

"You can't possibly think that any of us would trust you, can you? I mean, how stupid do you think we are?" Katara asked.

"Yeah, all you've ever done is try to hunt us down and capture Aang."

"I've done some good things. I mean, I could've stolen your bison in Ba Sing Se, but I set him free. That's something." He gestured towards Appa who licked him again.