Chapter 21

Charlie's POV

"So Charlie, what are you doing today?" Mama asked at breakfast and I exchanged a glance with Luke.

"Training" I replied simply and she glanced at me but nodded.

"With Riptide?" uncle Malcom asked and I nodded.

"...doesn't matter if you didn't mean to say it, you still did!" I heard uncle Luke yell and I turned my head. Uncle Luke, and Aunt Bianca were walking in, Bianca and Luke in a heavy argument. Daddy followed, and I watched him glance around and then smile at us. He said something to the both of them and walked over to us.

"I'll see you two at training. And remember we have that thing this afternoon" he reminded me and I smiled. It finally felt like things were getting better.

------------

"Okay, try picturing the castle" Daddy directed and I nodded. I started to picture the tall castle at the bottom of the ocean. Every small detail. From the blue trimming on all the balconies, to the silver handles on the long wooden doors. I felt a cool breeze and opened my eyes to find myself at the bottom of the ocean. I glanced around and Luke appeared next to me, and then Dadda. He hoisted Luke onto his shoulders and grabbed my hand.

"Stay close. Let's try to find Tyson and then grandpa" he said and pulled us into the building.

"I've only been here once," Luke said and pulled Daddy's hood down.

"I don't think i've ever been here" Dadda mused and we entered the building. People passed by and gave us strange looks.

"The hallways were long and wide, filled with Mermaids and Sea Nymphs and the occasional Cyclopes. They all whispered 'Percy Jackson' and quickened their pace, hurrying away. We went down to the entrance of the forges and stopped, setting Luke down.

"Hello?" He called down the staircase and it was echoed back with a cling of metals banging together. Some heavy footsteps echoed back at us and a young cyclops came into sight.

"Hello?" he asked nervously and Dadda smiled.

"Hi, can you get Tyson for me? Tell him it's Percy" daddy said and the cyclops' eye widened. He nodded and scurried down the stairs. It was a minute, but soon footsteps thundered up, as if the person was running. Uncle Tyson appeared and lifted daddy up into the air, grinning.

"Brother!" he yelled and set him down. "Niece! Nephew!" he belted and I waved. "Where have you been? Daddy is sad. And he missed you" the large cyclops voiced, causing Daddy to smile.

"I missed you too big guy. And i'll explain everything, but where's dad?" he asked and Uncle Tyson thought for a second.

"He should be in his study," he said after a minute, gesturing for us to follow.

"What's been going on with you" Daddy asked and they started talking.

"Lu, what if grandpa is still mad at Daddy" I asked in a hushed tone and he glanced at me.

"He was under the spell too," he pointed out.

"Just... I'm worried. I can't lose him again".

"We won't Char. We won't."

---------

We approached the end of the hallway and Uncle Tyson pulled the door open. Grandpa was sitting with his back facing us. Dadda glanced at us and then took a step through the doorway.

"Dad?" he asked hesitantly and grandpa whipped his head around. He froze for a second and stood up.

"Percy?" the God whispered and took a step out from his desk. "Is it really you?" Dad nodded and took a step towards grandpa.

"Yeah. It's me" he said, clearly nervous. Grandpa walked towards him and wrapped his arms around him. Daddy hugged him back and I gripped Luke's arm.

"Where have you been?" Grandpa asked and pulled away.

"Around".

"I've been worried sick!" Grandpa glanced at us.

"Charlie, Luke, get in here! I wanna hug from my grandchildren" he bellowed and I ran towards him.

"Hi Grandpa!" Luke cheered and hugged his leg.

"I haven't seen you since... Was it your birthday? Or your mothers?" he asked, ruffling my hair.

"You went to Annabeth's birthday?" Daddy butt in and I nodded.

"He comes to all our birthdays" I said and an unrecognizable emotion flickered in his eyes.

"It was mama's. We threw the party in the mess hall " Luke answered and I nodded.

"The cupcakes with those little owls!" I remembered and Daddy hoisted me up.

"Is it possible that you grew in a month?" Grandpa teased and poked Lukes side, turning to Daddy. "So out with it. Where were you?"

Daddy glanced at me. "Basically someone cursed the Hunter's, camper's, and God's to turn on my and forget about it. So both camps blamed me for the wars, Annabeth broke up with me, and you disowned me. So I ran, and became the lieutenant to Chaos. Dad, there's a war coming. We're gonna need all the help we can get, so will you please go to the next olympian council meeting?" He pleaded and grandpa nodded.

"For you, I will. And I'll send some of the cyclopes' army to help the camp too."

Daddy looked relieved. "Thank you. It means a lot" he whispered and it was quiet for a minute.

"So who is in this so-called army?" Grandpa questioned, causing daddy to sigh.

"The Giants, Kronos, Mnemosyne-" he was cut off.

"Mnemosyne? She's Awake?"

"Yeah. What do you know about her?" Daddy fiddled with my hair.

"She's dangerous Percy. Memory can be a good thing, but it can also be weaponized. She didn't fight in either of the Titan wars, but i've heard rumors. Has she done anything? Visited anyone?" Grandpa questioned and Daddy sent Luke an uneasy look.

"She visited us" Luke whispered, and I watched Grandpa's face drain.

"Are you ok? You should have prayed to me, I could have been there in an instance" he fretted, glancing at Daddy.

"We're fine. It was just a social call. She was trying to make us turn on our family" he shrugged. Grandpa groaned and shot Daddy a look.

"They take after you. Always getting themselves in trouble. You were it 5 prophecies by the time you turned 16" he teased and Daddy groaned.

"That wasn't my choice! I had to retrieve that goddamned lightning bolt, and then save Grover, then save Annabeth, then save camp, then save the world!" he whined.

"And then free death, and then go to the Pit, and then save the world again" I snickered and he glared playfully.

"And then denounce my rivalry with Athena, on my spring" Grandpa mumbled, making Dadda throw his hands in the air.

"That's not fair" he pouted and played with my hair again.

"What about being expelled from 6 schools in 6 years" Grandpa shot back and Dadda dropped his mouth open dramatically.

"Some could say that was your fault," Daddy countered.

"Annabeth did fine in school."

"She's a daughter of Athena, she's supposed to be smart" he pouted and Grandpa gasped.

"Are you saying Athena's smarter than me?"

"YES!" Daddy said, continuing to bicker playfully. Luke rolled his eyes and I stuck my tongue out. We were not a perfect family, but I don't think I would exchange it for anything.

A/N: I'm dying. Not really, but I feel like I am. I also posted this story on Fanfiction.Net, so check that out. Any good Netflix suggestions?

What does Camp Half-Blood look like to mortals?