Chapter 25

Percy's POV.

-Night Before the Battle-

"Everyone raise your pudding cups!" I yelled and 6,000 people raised their varied pudding cups. Butterscotch, vanilla, chocolate, chocolate cream pie.

"To another war, and hopefully another victory" I called and people cheered. "We're gonna kick those monster's ass's. So c'mon! Join me in the ceremonial first bite of pudding!" I called and dipped my spoon in the cup. A spoonful of rich chocolate pudding entered my mouth, making me moan appreciatively. "This is the best pudding" I told Bianca as I sat back down.

"You say that every time," she pointed out and I pouted.

"And every time it is the best," I shot back, and she rolled her eyes.

"Bianca leave the poor guy alone. He hasn't been with his Pratitya-samutpada for years, it's understandable he's gone insane." Anicca said pointedly. She was a soldier from sector F, a daughter of Begtse. Begtse is the Buddhist god of war. Anicca grew up in Tibet, and died from a fire at the age of 29. In the army, you don't age past 30 unless you retire. So technically, she was 136 years old.

"Pratitya-samutpada? What's that?" Silena questioned, glancing towards Anicca.

"Pratitya-samutpada. You Greeks might consider it a kind of rebirth. Or soulmates. In Buddhism, we believe that very special relationships carry over even in death. That the relationship will be reborn in the next life. You and this Annabeth girl have it. I can sense it" she smirked and I flushed under the hood.

"I can physically see it. Your string is green" Finnian said, not looking up from his book. Finnian is a son of Áine, the Irish goddess of love. He had this weird power where when he focused, he could see the strings that bond the relationship.

"You guys can we not talk about this" I whined and Bianca rolled her eyes. I hesitated but turned to her. "Bianca I know we've talked about this, but if I don't make it out of this, you need to protect the twins. And Annabeth. Promise me" I pleaded, and she sucked in her breath.

"Yeah. I will. But please try to... survive. Your my family" she begged. I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her in.

"I will. Don't worry."

---------------

I fiddled with the ring, staring into the flames. I was at one of the many watch fires lined at the border of Camp Half-Blood. This was one of the only empty ones, right by the beach. I could hear the sound of the waves crashing against the beach, which added to my sense of calm.

"Riptide? You called us?" I heard from behind me and nodded.

"Please sit" I said and the 3 figures took a seat around the fire.

"What do you need? And why did we have to talk in private?" Luke asked. I looked at him through the flames.

"Away from prying ears. And Bianca. Anyways, I need a favor."

"Why would we give you a favor? I mean, no offence, but were not exactly best friends," Thalia pointed out and I sighed.

"Just hear me out. We all have a common interest" I said and Hazel raised an eyebrow.

"And that is?" she questioned.

"Annabeth. Annabeth survives this war. The twins need her, my Mom will need her, the camp will need her," I murmured and it was quiet.

"Why do you care about Annie?" Thalia asked. I let out a small chuckle.

"She'd kill you if she heard you calling her that, pinecone face" I murmured and looked at her. Her expression flickered with confusion, and recognition until her sky-blue eyes brightened.

"Percy?" she asked quietly and I pulled my hood down.

"Hey Thals. Hey Hazel" I said softly, making Hazel let out a soft sob.

"Percy I-'' she started but I cut her off.

"Shhh. It's ok Haze. I forgive you. Now I need you all to swear on the Styx you will do every possible thing to protect Annabeth. If it comes down to it, I will die in order to protect her. But that might not be enough. I need a plan B. Please.'' I pleaded and it was quiet for a few more minutes.

"Why us?" Luke asked.

"Your my #2. It doesn't matter if I survive this war or not, you're the new Lieutenant. Thalia your the Lieutenant of the hunters. And Hazel, your praetor. Frank's to much of a softy for what needs to be done," I explained, glancing down at the ring.

"And that is?"

"Get her out. Blackjack will listen to you guys. If the battle gets too messy, take her to my Mothers. She may fight, yell, say she hates you. But I need you guys to protect her. The twins-" my voice cut out. "They need at least one parent," I finished avoiding their eyes.

"I swear on Styx I will protect Annabeth to the best of my ability," Luke said. Thunder rubles in the distance, cementing the promise, and I smiled at him. I glanced at Hazel who locked eyes with me.

"Why didn't you tell us you were here?" she whispered and my leg bounced.

"I couldn't let them get hurt. You'll understand that if you ever have kids. Looking into their eyes is... a different feeling. Saying goodbye knowing it could possibly be the last time I would ever see them was more painful than holding up the sky." She observed me and nodded.

"I swear on the Styx I will protect Annabeth to the best of my ability," she repeated and I smiled. Thunder rumbled for another time.

"Thals?" I whispered, making her eyes clench shut.

"She's gonna be pissed" the huntress mumbled. "But you would do it for me. I swear on the Styx I will protect Annabeth to the best of my ability," she whispered and the last bit of thunder rang out.

"Thank you," I whispered and went to sit by Hazel and Thalia. They were quiet, and I snickered.

"No hugs for your favorite cousin?" I joked, pulling them both in. They laughed and hugged my back, squeezing tightly.

"Looking back it's so obvious," Hazel said as she pulled away. A few tears were dripping down her cheeks and I whipped them.

"Yeah. You have water powers, hated us, knew every single member of the army before their death, the twins love you," Thalia listed, and I rolled my eyes.

"Honestly I'm surprised Leo and Nico are the only ones who figured it out." Hazel's mouth dropped.

"NICO KNEW! Percyyyy" she whined, punching my shoulder. I smiled at her and turned the ring in my fingers.

"If I survive this war, I'm coming back. For good," I said softly, making both of them suck in their breath.

"C'mon. We gotta get some rest before the battle," I said, sliding the ring into my pocket. I glanced at the beach for possibly the last time.

A/N: I usually post every other day, but i'm ahead of schedule. I write this story in google docs, and so far i've written the next 4 chapters. Go follow my instagram, Anniebelle.chase,  and please Vote and Comment. XOXO, Alexandra <3