Chapter 28

Annabeth's POV.

"Riptide! Great to see you again. Now let's finish this once and for all." It was quiet until Riptide took a step forward.

"Kronos. I thought you would stay in the Pit longer than 10 years," the hooded man taunted. Unlike the rest of us, he obviously wasn't afraid. Kronos let out a dark laugh that rolled over the people who lined the hill. They all seemed to shudder at the sound, reaching for their weapons.

"And I didn't think you'd ever come back here after all these years. But unlike you, I have unlikely allies. Anyways, I guess once you're the Olympians guard dog, you stay the Olympian's guard dog." Riptides back straightened at this.

"I am not their guard dog, and I never will be," he snarled. "I am here for Chaos." The rest of us were watching the exchange like a ping pong match. There were murmurs, bets being placed, and snickers.

"They just happen to be an advantage," Kronos taunted, chuckling to himself. Riptide must have known who he was talking about, because he pulled Riptide out of his pocket, ready to fight.

"Don't talk about them," he snarled. Murmurs went around the crowd, all wondering who he was talking about. Riptide was a mystery to all of us, cold and taunting sometimes, and other times sweet and funny. So how in Hades name does Kronos know anything about him?

"Ooooh, that touched a nerve." Kronos put his hands up in mock surrender. "But Riptide, Indulge me. Fighting giants and provoking titan's doesn't scare you, but revealing yourself does?" he questioned. "I mean, go ahead. Keep hiding behind that hood. This is so much better than what I expected would happen, when I cast that curse years ago," Luke tensed next to me. "I mean, it broke you in the worst way possible," Kronos continued.

"So it was you? YOU HEAR THAT SILENA?! IT WAS KRONOS!" Riptide yelled, making Silena rub her temples.

"FOCUS ON THE GODS DAMNED ENEMY!" she screamed back and he shot her a thumbs up. A few laughs were heard from the army, and Kronos spoke again.

"You know what I'm more interested in? How it felt," he started. "How it felt to come back and see how much you missed. The birth of your sister. The birth of them. Their first steps, first words?" Riptide was quiet. He could have given a statue a run for its money based on how still he was standing.

"Who is he talking about?" I whispered to Luke, who gave me a side glance. He took a few steps towards Riptide and Kronos, but Zoë put a hand on his shoulder. Kronos walked circles around Riptide.

"I could reveal you right here. Flick the hood down for everyone to see" he taunted. "But I think i'll let them figure it out on their own," the titan said dramatically.

"Can we just fight and get this over with?" Riptide begged. The titan smirked again and shook his head.

"No no no. I want you to say it. How did it feel to find out that you had not one, but two children?" It took a minute to sink in. My breath sucked in and I went numb. He has water powers. He knows Sally. He has Riptide.

"Percy," I breathed, so quiet no one heard. "Percy." I said louder. I felt like Blackjack had kicked me in the head. His hands went to his hood and pulled it down, revealing a familiar mop of black hair. He glanced back at me. Our eyes locked and the rest of the world seemed to dull.

"Hey wise girl," he murmured. I sobbed and surged forward, but someone grabbed my waist. I glanced back and the familiar electric blue eyes stared back at me.

"Thalia let me go," I commanded and she winced.

"I'm sorry Annie," I studied her face. Her face was stony cold, but her eyes gave her away. The familiar sky blue eyes were laced with sadness and regret.