Chapter 10

After going back to my room, I feel asleep with my cubs curled around my human form. Two of the cubs were in their human form as well and then there's my son who hadn't shifted.

The next morning the cubs shifted back into their hyena form and we went for a run around the pack territory whilst the sun rose on the horizon. The cubs were eager to stretch their legs and run once more, we used to travel miles every day and now we mainly stay in the pack house, and as much as I love the safety of said house the need for freedom was overwhelming sometimes. They still preferred being in this form the freedom was addictive and the rules of human life didn't apply when like this.

The cubs were cackling as we continued the run, there were more guards posted along the outskirts because of how close to just after dawn it was, during the day there was less patrol members but still more than my clan ever had. I nodded to them as I passed the large wolves and one leopard. I had still yet to meet the whole pack I had only had brief run ins with a select few during mealtimes and times like these. I decided then I was going to bring that up with my mate when I saw him next, I needed to familiarise myself with everyone's scents just to be on the safe side.

We were on the way back when I felt someone staring at me, I looked around but couldn't see any wandering eyes. I felt a little unsafe so gathered the cubs closer rather than let them run ahead and continued on back to the pack house we called home. The eyes never seemed to leave me even as I made my way up the pack house steps. I attempted to shrug it off but all that alone time on the plains before here will always have my survival instincts on high.

I brought the cubs inside and left them in our room as they were a little puffed out as I went searching for Thatcher. I followed his scent trail to a large door. I knocked on the door and walked in. it was a large spacious bedroom with a large window with the blinds closed. There was a body shaped lump on the bed where the scent was the strongest, I inched closer to the bed and could see the side of Thatchers face. He looked so much younger in his sleep. The stress of the day was washed away leaving a younger looking man that didn't have the weight of the world on his shoulders.

I leaned in and traced the lines of his eyebrows with the tip of my finger drawing it down to trace the bridge of his nose and those full pink lips. I looked back up and was staring into his deep eyes. I launched backwards but was captured by his arms.

"Morning love." His deep sleep voice greeted my ears he sounded so good with he sleep clinging to his tone.

Blushing I look anywhere but his eyes and try to control the blush on my face. We were so close with his arms around me. I loved the feeling of his large arms encircling me I felt safe and wanted. I trusted Thatcher he had quickly become a very important part of my life along with my cubs I cared about him most.

"Look at me." His deep voice demanded.

I looked up and immediately fell into those eyes, they never failed to drag me in and almost drown me with their depth. I couldn't look away even if I wanted too.

The cheeky grin on his face did knock some sense into me and I attempted to wiggle out of his arms and escape. Thatchers laughter bounced off the walls of his room and his arms tightened around me.

"I could get used to waking up next to you, it's a beautiful sight."

I melted. He always had such nice things to say about me and was so nice to my cubs I was so lucky to have him as a mate. He was everything I had dreamed about when I pictured my future mate. He's tall and handsome and caring and just a beautiful soul. I looked up at him and couldn't help but smile.

"I was thinking I should meet the whole pack."

His face held a little bit of shock but mainly admiration. "Are you sure? I want you to meet them, but I don't want you to be uncomfortable."