Chapter 19

hey guys a short filler chapter here, let me know what you think of the new guy ;)

-Old Souls P.O.V-

I had managed to replace the small one's soul with my own at the front of this being. I looked around once more noticing how the human world had changed drastically since my last time on this plain. They no longer seemed to live in caves and there was an energy source flowing throughout this shelter illuminating it from within. I needn't learn all of this at this moment I would scan Cas's memories while he rested to learn all of the things he knew of this strange new world. I looked down at my body noticing I was in the form that scared the original owner of this corpse. I did not understand his fear, we were much stronger and faster this way, I had combined human and hyena to make this. That doctor did not know he was summoning me with the blood ritual he had played out on this shifter he believed he was bonding DNA and creating new life but the old script he spoke over the body summoned me, I had long thought that the script of my awakening had been lost and would never be found, but I was here now, and I had no desire to change that. I had spent so long in the abyss that I had no idea if I were ever be able to leave, as accustomed as I was to living in darkness and thriving in it the abyss was not darkness but rather a pit of eternal black it was not shadows but rather the absence of light and life. I was sentenced there long ago before humans and shifters walked the earth, when gods walked on these plains was when I was created. I was, am, strong and it's a wonderful thing that this small body was able to hold me I would not have suspected it but here we are.

I see the kid that Casius was speaking with staring at me he must not have expected this. I moved and shook out the long mane that made its way down my back. I looked at him and waited to see what he would do, I was not going to ruin this for my host because who knew what would become of this body if he lost his mate over my arrival. Even when I had my original form mates were a special thing, it seemed that much had stayed the same.

"Who are you." Demanded the shifter in front of me. I could smell that his blood had been part animal for many generations it clung to him like a second skin, I would bet he is a descendant of a first ones, that could be interesting to work with. I could use the magic he held in his blood to speed up the replacement of my magical energy to full strength.

"Epiales, and you?" my voice was deep in this land it had a ring of darkness to it. It promised the chaos I would bring.

"Thatcher, mate of the body you have possessed and alpha of these lands." He attempted to seem big and tough, but I did not fear him in the slightest, nothing about this boy was that of a true alpha like those back in the time of mine. He was small and had love in his heart I could see it in here and that made him weak, an easy target for most magic users to exploit.

"You do not know what you are dealing with young one I would not use that tone again with me unless you are ready to bear the consequences. I am far older than you can imagine, I walked on this land before your kind was created by the moon goddesses. I did not possess anyone this time but do not doubt me. I could make you and your whole world disappear if I so wished." I growled lowly, the only reason I wasn't in my true form because I had to work with what I had and that was a human and hyena form. "I suggest you think very hard before speaking in such away to me again, I do not fear you but you, you should most definitely fear me."

The boy in front of me spluttered and began to pant in anger, I could tell this was not going to be an easy body to handle if I had this little guard dog following me at all times. I would try not to banish him to a darkness he will never escape so long as he stays out of my way. I hoped for the child I was sharing this body with I would not have to be here very long, I needed to find a new body, one of my own to own and I needed to find it sooner rather than later, I had revenge to pay back and I had a feeling this shaky little child would not be able to withstand what I needed. I could feel his soul pressing to regain some form of control and I relented, it would not be long before I fronted again and when I get my full strength and magic back this world should prepare for a new age.

Cas P.O.V.

I looked around and seemed to be back in charge of my body, I saw Thatcher staring at me red in the face with anger and I cowered slightly, I didn't not know what had happened but he looked very angry. I was scared that the other thing had done something to him, but at least he hadn't run away in terror or hatred of me.

"T-Thatcher?" I called out as his anger slowly dissipated at the sound of my voice. He rushed me and gathered me back into his arms, the tenseness in his body was also retreating.

"Don't worry Cas, that demon that is possessing you we will get rid of it, I will make a few phone calls some of the nearby clans and packs have allied mages and magic workers we will remove this parasite from within you." He said with such confidence that I genuinely think he believed what he was saying. I was unsure what he meant however besides turning me into a scary creature the other soul had done nothing but be kind to me and explain what was happening.

I snuggled closer to my mate feeling safer than I had in many days and sighed, I was safe as long as I was with my mate.