09 | Life and It's Clock

+ SAY MY DAYS ARE NUMBERED, BUT I KEEP
WAKIN' UP. [ drake, future - life is good ]

 [ drake, future - life is good ]

"Good morning, Supra!"

"Y-Yaya..?" The reaper's orbs widened, his brown hazel orbs reflecting the sunlight that streamed through the window. Not far from where he stood, is the familiar girl he's been paying visits every now and then, still in her iconic pink hijab. "What.. are you doing here?"

She snorts, "To see you, obviously."

"Thank you.. for that." Supra answers, tensed up. He hadn't been expecting another guest since last night's troubling conversation, which ended with Glacier silently picking Frostfire up and dragging himself out the door. Death hadn't interacted with anyone yet.

Except for Yaya. "You look tired. Something's wrong?"

"Intuitive, as always." He murmurs underneath his breath. Out of every human that he's been in contact with before, Yaya's one of the most threatening presence to him. If he let down his guard, she could see how he's instantly affiliated with the supernatural.

"What did you say? Sorry, didn't catch that."

"Ah, that's nothing.." He rises up to his feet from the chair, looking around to make sure that he wouldn't be spotted by any of the officials nearby, "Wanna go out and have some breakfast?"

She grins, "You're paying, I assume."

"Not this again." He groans, rubbing a hand on his temple.

"I'm kidding, jock." Yaya jabs the boy's side by her elbow, earning a slight surprised grimace, "Besides, I still owe you that hot chocolate. Why don't we go back there and play another round of scrabble if we can?" She points at her bag, "I brought a bigger one."

Despite not liking the game a single bit, he couldn't help but agree with a curt nod. Something about the game says that it might be their last. "Sure," He shrugs, "Death By Chocolate, then."

"I'm starting to like their ginger ale tea too."

"You do? Finally. Someone who understands culture."

"It's not culture, Supra." She smiles lopsidedly, "Idiot."

The duo continue to chat as they made their way out the regular, 184-storey building. During their bonding times, he found out how he didn't despise his human-given name at all, seeing how the girl had changed his perspective drastically. 

Supra's a really unique name, she said once, while they were out for a walk in the park, petting a dog nearby, I don't think I've heard anyone use that name before. It's beautiful.

It's not, he wanted to retort back. But he sewed his mouth shut. At the question of what his name meant, he answered, I don't know. Are names supposed to have meanings? On that day, they spent 30 minutes on the web, searching up new words.