Chapter 30

"Look, I'm sorry about your friend, but I seriously hope you'll not do anything rash

"Look, I'm sorry about your friend, but I seriously hope you'll not do anything rash. Because we need to stay undercover and continue our work," Lady A was sitting in front of her, her eyes downcast. Alizeh could feel her eyes watering up again.

"Don't you trust me? I may be traumatized, but I'm not senile yet," Alizeh bit back.

"Good, because I need you to write something up regarding this."

Alizeh got up abruptly, "No! I can't and there are some things I'd like to discuss with you."

Lady A gestured for her to continue.

"I want to be an active member of this Project Endgame, whatever it is. I want to go out there and do something," Alizeh felt her voice rising an octave.

"Well, this is not a child's game and you don't even know what you're getting into. This project has been a lifelong mission for us. You're just an impulsive kid. You're not fit for the real challenge out there," Lady A got up from her chair. Her eyes were blazing coal.

"I know I'm not fit but I believe I have something which none of you has currently," Alizeh spun around, saying each word slowly, "I have vengeance. I want revenge. I want things to move faster."

"Prove it. Prove that you have the dedication and the necessary zeal to dive deeper into this thing," Lady A took a few steps forward, looking her in the eye.

A smile played along in Alizeh's lips which maybe Lady A couldn't see, "I'm ready to take the risk to try on the new inventions of Mr Gear."

Lady A's eyes widened.

"I'm not asking you to do it. You're doing it by your own choice. You'll be responsible, lady," she rambled.

"Yes," determination hardened Alizeh's tone.

Lady A immediately whipped out her phone and barked some orders. Very soon Agent X, Jurian, and a few other people she had seen at various levels of their workstation, walked into the room.

"These are the core people, Agent Z," Lady A announced before shortly explaining to them about Alizeh's decision.

"I want to go with her to Gear's place. I don't recommend sending her alone," Jurian's gravelly voice broke through the murmurs that arose in the room.

"Permission granted," Lady A announced, crisply. If she had realised there was a deeper sense to this all, she didn't comment on that. The others were still murmuring.

"Attention people," Lady A bellowed, "from today, we're gonna boost the project on a war footing. This is life and death now. You'll be my core team and hence it's time to reveal what the big plan is and how much of it you guys need to know.

All the eyes turned to her. People shuffled nervously on their feet.

"Operation Endgame is a way to weaken the government and overthrow it from within. We have connections to the opposition and the people close to the president. In the first stages, we are working on instilling distrust in the minds of the people regarding the current state. We'll boost that further by involving the president directly. Is that clear?"

The entire room nodded.

"Okay, good. The rest you'll know when the time comes. X, Z and J stay back, the rest go about their job," Lady A announced. The command in her voice made all the others scamper off.

Alizeh looked at Jurian who seemed ill at ease with the plan. He moved closer to her.

"You are one hell of a storm, lady," he whispered in his husky voice.

"You don't have to come with me," Alizeh hissed.

"I'm coming whether you want me or not."

Alizeh knew it'd be useless to try to make Jurian understand, once he had made up his mind.

"So, the next step is we kidnap the president."

"What?" Alizeh and Jurian exclaimed in unison, turning towards Lady A.

"You heard me right, now seal your lips. Pack quickly. You're getting transferred to our Cloud Four base."

"You do know how to attract trouble," Jurian chuckled under his breath.

"And Z and J, please do keep your hands off each other unless at least you're alone," Lady A shook her head and exited through the door. Alizeh could feel her face flaming with embarrassment. Jurian took the opportunity to flip up his mask and kiss the side of her neck.

"You're so dead," Alizeh muttered, chasing him back to their rooms. They both fell on the bed, laughing and kissing each other in a sudden burst of unbounded desires. They kissed knowing that there might not be much of a future if things went wrong at any step. They were playing with fire here.

None of them seemed to care though, as they drowned in a sea of affections, finding solace in newfound emotions. Alizeh had never felt loved before. Her first love had been a one-sided thing and these new feelings were like little bursts of clarity in her hazy mind. These felt fresh and all so euphorically new. She couldn't make a head or tail of the dictates of her heart. All she knew, was that she wanted a life with this unknown man, whom she had learnt to love so wildly.

 All she knew, was that she wanted a life with this unknown man, whom she had learnt to love so wildly