Chapter 41

ALIZEH

ALIZEH

"So that means we have only one teleporter, two invisibility scarves and one mind controller with us. The rest all are..." Alizeh couldn't bring herself to say the word, 'gone'. She half expected to see the jolly old Mr Gear appear miraculously from somewhere and jiggle his round belly and laugh. But he was gone. They were all gone. Friends, allies, acquaintances- all gone in a poof. How uncertain is life?

"And this teleporter has only one spare battery left which you'll get to use tomorrow. But I need you to check the locations of your magnets today," Wrench said in a small voice, tinkering with her teleporter watch.

"Can I come too?" Jurian offered.

"No. there's not too much power left in this battery and I can't risk using the last of ours. On the D day, you have to just let go and surrender yourself to her control and she is strong enough to pull you and the president with her," Wrench straightened his crooked glasses, wincing when it hit the still bandaged wound over the bridge of his nose. His hands unconsciously smooth over the large white bandages on his head.
"You should take rest and not be time travelling," Alizeh mumbled.

"And who'll show you the mechanisms and workings of the instruments in our bases? I'm the tech guy," Wrench attempted to catch his breath.

"I'm not too positive if it is safe for you medically. We couldn't even take you to a good medic for the fear of having to explain the cause of your severe injuries. Let me and Jurian give a try. You know we need practice doing that without you," Alizeh reasoned.

"Okay," he mumbled, seemingly defeated, immediately scrunching his eyes in pain at some injury site, "I feel so useless."

"Hey, you're the best. You've already done so much," Jurian patted him gently.

"Okay then, Jurian, get ready for our long day. I'm gonna bring my scarf and all too," Alizeh instructed, Jurian gave a mock salute and exited.

"Have you done the second thing I told you to do over the phone the other day?' Alizeh turned to Agent Wrench.

"You mean the detonator systems?"

"Yes," Alizeh's voice felt like rough sand down her throat.

He handed her a remote, "I have made it pass locked so that it needs two security codes to activate the explosives,"

"Brilliant," Alizeh turned the small sleek remote in her hand, enjoying the smooth feel of it. Who would've known such a beautiful looking thing could be so deadly?

.........

Just as soon as they had jumped into the time-space, Alizeh felt her hand being pulled by the watch. It was straining to almost break off from her wrist. She closed her eyes as she squeezed Jurian's hand, tightly and together they surrendered themselves to the pull.