part six - hand fascination sfw

it was a calm night in and you and schlatt were cuddling on the couch. he was sitting upright and you were tucked in laying sideways with your head resting on his chest and his arm across you. you guys were watching a movie on netflix both of you have seen plenty of times but love nonetheless.

you've always had a weird fascination and appreciation for hands. that sounds weird, and it was always hard to explain, but you'd been that way for as long as you could remember. schlatt's arm draped across you was the perfect opportunity to admire his, not to mention you always absentmindedly played with things as you watched things or really did anything.

you grabbed his hand with both of yours while you blank-stared at the tv. his hand was so large compared to yours, your fingers barely overlapped despite both hands being around his. you lightly rubbed your thumbs across the back of his hand. you couldn't believe how one man's hands could be so soft yet strong at the same time.

a noticeable amount of minutes passed with you absentmindedly running your fingers across the back of his hand. you'd hold his hand with one of yours and trace the bones and natural curves of the back of his hand with the other. you never took into account how ticklish and funny that must have felt to schlatt, and you certainly didn't catch him staring at you for an unknown amount of time.

"are you, uh, having fun?" he asked in a half-concerned, half amused tone.
"oh! i'm sorry, i should have like.. asked you first if that was okay." you replied sheepishly.
"oh no don't worry about that at all babe. i think it's super cute, honestly." he said looking down at you, his cheeks glowing with a smile.

"okay cool, you have like.. really attractive hands. they're very pretty and i love admiring them..." you said, probably embarrassing yourself.
"my hands.. are pretty?" he looked at his other hand in wonder, but not daring to move the one you were playing with.
your cheeks got red. "uh.. yeah. maybe pretty wasn't the right word... handsome? ...i'll just stick with attractive. you have very nice hands."

"that's news to me. i've never known anyone to like hands so much." he said.
"oh.. yeah. i guess you could call them my thing. always has been. your hands are so perfect, i love them so much." you explained yourself while continuing to run your fingers slowly and softly along his knuckles.
he chuckled. "you're so weird but god i love seeing you happy."

you two went back to watching the movie, this time with his hand holding your cheek and his thumb lightly swiping across your cheekbone. your arms were folded across your chest and also holding onto his arm while you cuddled into his side even more than you already were. you could easily fall asleep right then and there.