part ten - sfw emotional grounding

everything seems to revolve around you - of course it does, it's your life from your perspective, but i don't mean it like that. everyone comes to YOU for help. everyone comes to YOU for advice. and yet when you need someone, where are they?

you put on a front. you act like everything is fine to ensure everyone you care about has a safe space. everyone knows you can't keep everything bottled up forever, though.

you woke up upset in every single way - your head was splitting, your stomach was queasy, and you were ready to snap at any moment. you laid in bed on your back staring at the ceiling. you weren't ready for today. your eyes could barely open, your head was throbbing, breathing was exhausting. everything just felt hard.

thanks to your "do it for someone" attitude, you always got out of bed early and made sure to be awake incase anyone happened to need you. today, that was completely pushed to the side. they can wait. you do everything for them. schlatt thought nothing of it, as all he's ever really known was the upbeat go-getter version of you. he'd never seen the empty and emotionally drained version of you.

hours had passed since the time you normally got out of bed and schlatt was starting to notice something could possibly be wrong. he peeked in the bedroom from his recording studio.

"babe? are you awake?" he asked almost startlingly loud.
you just groaned in response and threw your arm over your face, applying pressure to your forehead to try and calm the throbbing.
schlatt walked into the room and leaned on the bed, getting his face close to yours.
"babe?" he asked a little quieter this time since he was so close.
you moved your arm and looked at him with half-open eyes. "what?" you answered a little grumpier than intended.

"jeez I'm sorry. i just thought i'd check on you." he replied, sounding kind of offended.
you let out a small sigh. "no. listen. things are a little hard for me right now okay? i didn't mean to be bitchy." you nearly broke down in tears.
his demeanor changed immediately. "oh.. baby i'm sorry. that was really inconsiderate of me." he sat down next to you on the bed.

"you're fine. you'd never seen me like this before, i always try to hide it. i guess it's my fault." you tried sitting up, only to wince in pain because of your head.
"hey hey hey, stop. i gotcha." he said as he laid down closer to you so you wouldn't have to move. "why do you hide it? whatever.. it is."
"i'm seen as the tough one. the one that never needs anything. i didn't want you to see me as some weak poser that couldn't handle it." you said, visibly getting more worked up.

"you're the strongest person i know. i know how hard it has to be to handle all that you do, and i almost anticipated this exact event happening, but i didn't know if you would get upset if i inserted myself into that part of your life." he said in such a sophisticated way, you were almost surprised it came from him.
"i'm just tired. of it all. i need a day for me. i feel so alone in this. obviously i'm not, don't get me wrong, it's just hard to feel like anyone cares for me when they don't reciprocate the energy i give to them." you grumbled, a tear sliding down your face.

"babe, i'm gonna keep it real with you here, i didn't understand a word of that. but i think i'm right in adding that i don't want you to feel alone. i'm with you to be with YOU, not the manufactured to look perfect you. you're perfect as you are because you're you. and i'd love to get to know the genuine you." he put his hand to your face and held up your face to look at his. "does that sound like something we can make happen?"

you just nodded in response. "sounds are bad right now. my head is killing me."
"say no more." he said as he laid himself down completely and gestured for you to cuddle up to him. "don't worry about a thing angel, let me take care of some of your stress." he began to run his fingers through your hair gently, occasionally stopping to run his thumb across your cheek or forehead soothingly.

"you are important. you are cared for. you are loved." he would repeat quietly to you. before you knew it, you were fast asleep on his chest. this may not help schlatt get to know the entire genuine you, but it was a great start.