part seven - that song again? sfw

you've always been the type to play a song to death - you hear it one day, decide that's all you'll listen to for a week, and do just that. you saw no problem with it of course, but the same normally could not be said for everyone else you lived with.

this week's song was gimme Love by joji. it just sounds so entrancing and beautiful, you fell in love with it immediately and played it every chance you got. showering? it was playing loudly through the speaker you kept in the shower. doing dishes? the song was playing somewhere somehow. relaxing on the couch trying to watch something? it may not have been playing through the house but it was running through your head.

schlatt had an appreciation for music much like most people do, but it was different than yours. he definitely got sick of songs fast, which is a shame for him, because your on-repeat habit was one you could never break.

at this point you could recite the entire song and the instrumental track to it. the song was your livelihood. of course it was, you listened to it every waking moment of your day. what you didn't anticipate was it becoming schlatt's as well.

you were standing at the island in the kitchen wiping it down while doing the usual chores around the house. the song was playing at a reasonable level since schlatt was off doing something in his recording room and you didn't wanna interrupt. you were humming and singing along like it was second nature - so much so, you didn't notice schlatt had come out to the kitchen to join you.

the song had just started to repeat when you heard something you hadn't heard before. schlatt started singing along with you, getting every word right and staying perfectly in time and tune. you couldn't help but stop what you were doing and look up at him in shock. he was leaning on the island with his arms crossed as if he had been watching you clean the entire time.

the song soon ended again and you paused it, keeping it from playing again. "i had no idea you... knew all that." you said still in awe of what just happened.
"of course i do. you play it constantly, how could i not? plus.. it's always so cute when i catch you humming along to it. i figured you'd get a kick out of me doing the same thing." he said with a very proud smile. "oh and one last thing?"
"what would that be?" you asked genuinely confused.
"gimme love?" he asked with the biggest puppy-dog eyes.

your cheeks turned red and you rolled your eyes before walking over to him and hugging him tightly, clinging to his chest while looking up at him. "you're really cute, you know that?" you asked rhetorically.
"i'm well aware, same goes for you though." he replied. you loved his smartass comments.
you kissed him and hugged him hard one last time before pulling away.

you walked back to the other side of the island and went to turn your music back on.
"really? this song again?" he asked fully knowing no, you would not have played another song.

you shrugged and went back to singing, thinking he was going to leave and get back to working on whatever it was he was doing before, except that's not what happened. he just stood there leaning on the wall watching you do the little things around the kitchen like dusting and putting things away. you could feel the love he had for you radiating through the room from his tall 6'3 presence propped against the wall.