SIX

The talk with Klaus earlier had shaken up Carina a little bit, she found solace in the presence of books. One book stood out to her, it was a journal.

Elijah's journal.

She realized, her eyes widened, she checked her surroundings before grabbing a hold of the book. It was ancient, she could tell by the way the pages had deteriorated over the hundreds of years. Carina felt a pang of shame, realizing she should not be snooping, she put the journal down a few feet away from her.

Curiosity, however, got the best of her and she soon picked it up again and began scrolling through its contents. She frowned at Elijah's mention of Rebekah's indifference to brutality and Klaus's way of hiding himself with cruelty, but after careful reflection on the past few days events she realized he wasn't entirely wrong. Rebekah's voice cut through her reflection, "I can't believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire."

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless, pregnant girl who's carrying my child." Klaus emphasized.

I am NOT helpless!

Carina bitterly thought, a sour look now on her face as she swirled her tongue around her teeth, trying to come up with a witty retort in her head. "Oh I am so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duty toward the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven." While Carina didn't like her baby being referred to as a bun in her oven she couldn't help but smile at the blonde's witty remark.

She stood up from her hiding spot and strode to where the siblings were talking, hugging the journal like a teddy bear to her chest. "The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." "Well that would depends what plan you mean, luv. My plan for global domination or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world."

Rebekah gave him a shit-eating smile and Carina knew stuff was about to go down. In a flash Rebekah grabbed a pencil from its holder and flung it at Klaus at lightning speed. He caught it with ease and grinned back at his sister. "The plan to rescue Elijah, you know the good brother, the one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back." She snapped, tired of their childish antics.

"In the front, if we're being specific." He responded, grinning at her in a way he knew would push her buttons. She marched a couple of steps forward and pointed aggressively at the two siblings, "You two said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or are you both here just twiddling your thumbs?" They both shared a secretive glance with each other that made Carina's hands tighten over the journal clutched to her chest in aggravation.

"Ok." Klaus moved off his position on the door frame and moved into another room, with the two women following close behind. "Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy. He is my friend, albeit one who is unaware that I am trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless."

She scoffed, rolling her eyes muttering, "Some friend you are." Klaus continued on like he didn't hear her, "And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently." She scowled at him, clearly expressing her opposition to his bad life choices.

"And thirdly, sister, please." He gestured for Rebekah to speak. "And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded."- Carina smiled sweetly- "Is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." Her smile dropped immediately. "Thats your plan?!" She jerked her head towards Klaus and glared daggers into him, to which he just shrugged, "Do you have a problem, Carina?" She was about to give him her mind on what she thought about his ridiculously simple plan but was interrupted by Rebekah, "Don't fret darling, Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical."

"Oh gee, I feel so much better now, thanks Rebekah! That helped a lot!" Klaus chuckled at her obvious sarcasm, "That's only the Plan 'A', luv. There's always a Plan 'B.'" She let out a relieved breath, "Thank God, now what's Plan 'B'?" He gave her a sinister smile that made her skin crawl, "War."