Fire and Water

It was strange for Soza to walk around the Northern Water tribe. People she had likely hurt at some point in her life. But it was time to make up for it. Time for a little redemption. Those thoughts circled through Soza's mind as they searched for Aang. She had arrived soon after Zuko had disappeared with the Avatar, and was now searching for him with Sokka, his basically girlfriend, and Katara.

Soza was shocked when they finally found the two. She could Zuko's spark was waining. As Katara and Sokka helped Aang up, Soza walked towards Zuko. He murmured and shuddered, but it seemed he had passed out from the cold. He might have lasted longer with proper clothing, but that was beside the point. Soza picked him up and walked towars Appa.

"No way! We're not taking him with us." Sokka said.

"He'll die if we leave him." Aang replied. Soza kneeled beside Zuko, igniting a small flame in her hands. He began to shift and murmur more. He was getting close to waking up.

"We can't let him wake up and slow us down!" Katara yelled through the snow. Soza nodded, and pulled a small vile from her cloak. She had many of these from before she joined Aang, as it was an easy way to stop someone without actually hurting them. She injected it into Zuko, knowing it would keep him down for about 15 more minutes.

The group finally arrived at the pond and faced off against Zhou.

"You again." Zhou said angrily as he held the fish.

"Let the fish go. Everyone needs the moon. Without the tides we will all drown under the water." Soza said. This wasn't completely true, but it was the best she could come up with.

"I agree." Soza heard the familiar voice of uncle Iroh.

"Uncle?" Soza felt Zuko stir in her arms. She knew it was quite possible that if he woke up in her arms without realizing who she was he would kill her.

"What would you know of water firebender?" Zhou taunted, unaware of Soza's current situation.

"More than you ever will." Soza said. With a sigh she took off her hood revealing pale blond hair.

"It can't be." Iroh said in disbelief, and Zhou looked genuinely frightened. Soza removed the mask to reveal her pale blue eyes, and a long thick scar across both of them. Soza was completely blind. Zuko flickered his eyes open to see the face of his adopted sister.

"S-Soza? Is this a dream?" he mumbled as Soza set him down on the ground.

"No it is not. I am Princess Soza of the Fire Nation, heir to the mantle of Firelord after the banished prince." she declared, Aang, Katara, and Sokka stepped back. "I order you, Admiral Zhou, to let the fish go." she said. Zhou dropped the bag in the water.

WOOSH

The fish was burned to a crisp. As Zhou ran off Soza ran towards the pond, undoing a beaded blue necklace that they hood and mask had concealed. Then something truly amazing happened.

Soza began to waterbend.