Dancing Alone

The dragon was a beautiful inky blue. Soza admired the creature as it danced through the air like it was nothing. It's elegance in the air could put a flying bison to shame if they weren't careful. It's amber yellow eyes lit up in the night sky. The soft wingbeats growing louder as the creature approached. 

It's wings beat wildly as it reached the ground looking down towards Soza. It had a main of light blue hair and a pair of whiskers swinging as it looked around. It's fangs shone bright in the moonlight and it's horns cast a deadly shadow.

"Wha- But, but Uncle killed the last dragon." Zuko backed away slowly, but still remained in a fighting stance.

"Thank you for coming to my aid kind creature." Soza said, running her hand over the dragon's glistening scales. It let out s noise akin to a purr, and pressed it's body against her. "Let's go my friend." 

Sora mounted the back of the great beast, leaving Zuko and Azula in the dust.

"I need to go to the avatar. I'm certain a creature such as you can sense his presence." the dragon just grumbled, shifting slightly.

"I don't think that's the plan." Ravaati said within Soza's head. "She wants to take you back to her home."

"I don't have time for that. Please great dragon, my friends are in danger!" Soza yelled at the dragon.

"She believes your friends will be fine. The spirit of a dragon long gone has told her so." Ravaati replied.

"I just- I want to trust you I just don't know. I'm just worried." Soza looked down towards the ocean under her. It's deep blue sucking her in.

"It's okay to care for them Soza."

"Since when did you console me?"

"Let me finish! And you get what you get."

"Fine."

"Dragons are beasts that have been around as long as I. They have a deep spiritual connection to this world. They are wise creature that should be trusted and revered. If she believes their okay, I'm inclined to trust her." 

"I... I understand. So, uh, lovely lady dragon, what shall a call you?"

"Dragons don't have names dumbass."

"Well I'm not just gonna call her dragon! Let me think... I've got it!"

"Oh this'll be great."

"Shut up Ravaati! How does Amaya sound. It means radiance." 

"How original."

"Can you be quiet for two seconds?"

"I can do anything. It's more about whether or not I want to..."

After a significant amount of bickering, the group landed in the ruins once home to Sun Warriors. 

"Why would you bring me here?" Soza said her eyes full of curiosity and sadness. Her hand running over a rock with the symbol of the warriors. "We did this, didn't we. The Fire Nation. All we ever do is destroy what we don't understand."

"Hey! Indigo has returned!"

Soza whipped around to see men and women dressed in traditional Sun Warrior clothing coming towards the dragon.

"I'm glad she's safe. She's the only descendant of Ran and Shaw we've got." the man's voice faded out as they saw Soza there with Fire Nation gear. "What are you doing here! Come to slay more dragons!"

"No please. There's a misunderstanding. Ama- Indigo brought me here!" Soza said, raising her hands in the air.

"Is this true?" The dragon nodded it's head, wrapping it's tail around Soza protectively.

"Well we have always trusted the dragon's judgment." the man looking to be the leader sighed. "What is your name young bender."

"Oh, um, Soza. Nice to meet you?" 

"Please come sit, we'd like to hear your story."

And a story did they hear. About the return of the Avatar. About Ravaati and the Norht Pole. About Ba Sing Se and escaping Ember Island. How she needed to get to the Fire Nation

"I'd actually love to invite you to train with us for a while Soza."

"Did-- did you not hear I thing I just said? I have to go!" Soza practically yelled back.

"Soza you must understnad we always trust the judgment of the dragon. As such it brought you here. It must be to learn something. Please stay, it is fate."

After some more arguing Soza did stay. She stayed for a few weeks at most, although she wasn't exactly certain how long. All she remembered the day she was walking out of her cliffside room after sleeping in to see Aang and Zuko standing on a platform with Ran and Shaw circling them like hunters to prey.