2012, Spain

Louis' eyes flew open and the first thing he saw was Harry. His Harry! He was alive! Louis let out a sob and pulled him down for a hug.

"Woah! Louis?" Harry protested.

He got it now. He had never hated Harry. He was in love with him. He had just been too scared and too confused to admit it so instead he had done everything to push him away. He had treated him awful!

Seeing how much they had fought to be together in previous lives and what they had to endure put everything into perspective. He had no reason to fear this. So what if he was gay? He was fortunate enough to live in a time when that wasn't illegal anymore. He and Harry could be free and in love without having to risk their own lives to be together. He felt so grateful. Harry was his soulmate.

He let out a breath of relief and connected their lips to finally kiss his one true love, except Harry didn't kiss him back. He shoved him away instead.
"What the hell are you doing?" Harry growled angrily.

Louis stared at him in confusion with his mouth hung open. Why would Harry reject him? His mind was still dizzy from just waking up and having their previous lives still playing in his head. Then it hit him. In this lifetime, in his real life, he and Harry were hardly on speaking terms and it was all his fault. He had really messed up!
"I'm sorry...I..." Louis answered. He didn't really know what to say.

"What kind of game are you playing this time? Damn it, Louis!" Harry said. He looked hurt.

"No game." Louis whispered.

"I don't know what the fuck your problem is but never do that again. You can hate me all you want but don't fucking do things like that. That's too much. Got it?" Harry said and stared intensely at Louis with wrinkled eyebrows.

"I...I don't hate you, Harry. Not at all." Louis answered.

"Yeah, right. The last two years say otherwise." Harry snorted before he stood up to walk out the door. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay. We might not get along but it was never my intention to make you fall off the stage. I'm sorry about that."

"I'm sorry too." Louis immediately said.

"About what?" Harry questioned.

"Everything. I've been awful to you. There's an explanation for it." Louis said and bit his lower lip.

Harry stared at him in disbelief.
"Save it. I'm not interested in any of your lame excuses. I'll get you a doctor."

With that, Harry was out the door and Louis fell back in bed. That didn't go well. He had treated him like shit so he couldn't really expect much. He wasn't even sure if Harry even liked him even the tiniest. He had made sure of that. Fuck, he was so stupid! He had to win him back.

Harry came back with a doctor and the rest of the boys. Louis' eyes grew wide when he saw his little leprechaun. He sat up in bed and made grabby hands and Niall.
"Niall! Oh, my God. It's so nice to see you mate. Come here, give me a hug! Are you okay?"

Niall looked confused and threw the rest of the guys a glance before he stepped up to give Louis a hug.
"Uhm, I'm fine Louis. Why wouldn't I be? The big question is, how are you doing? Hey, are you crying? What's wrong?"

Louis let go of Niall and dried his eyes, feeling a bit embarrassed.
"I'm just really happy to see you that's all."

"Ehm, okay. I'm happy to see you too." Niall answered and took a step back.

He looked over to the rest of the boys and raised his eyebrows. In the meantime, Louis gave Zayn and Liam a hug.

"Don't look at me. At least he didn't try to kiss you." Harry muttered.

Louis blushed. Great, did he have to tell everyone? His bandmates looked really confused. The doctor started to examine him. He was okay, except for a small concussion. He was released from the hospital with the instruction to rest. Soon they were back on the tour bus, running late to their next show in Amsterdam.

The boys were really sweet, trying to take care of him. Harry kept in the background but at least he was there instead of hiding away in his bunk bed or something. Louis smiled friendly at him every chance he got but Harry just frowned at his effort to interact.

This wouldn't be easy. But he had seen some of their past lives together and he knew that they belonged with each other. He had all of these emotions bubbling inside of him. Emotions that he had suppressed for so long but finally acknowledged. Just one look at Harry made him breathless. He was so beautiful.

They were all sitting around in the living room area, small talking. Harry was telling Niall a joke and Louis burst out laughing. The joke was stupid but Harry was so cute telling it.

Harry turned his head to stare at him.
"So you're just laughing at me now? Great Louis! Really, fucking great. Why can't you just ignore me like you used to?"

Louis gaped.
"What? No! I'm not laughing at you. I laughed at your joke. It was funny!"

"Yeah, no it wasn't. Why can't you stop being so mean to Harry?" Niall said with a sigh.

"I'm not trying to be mean! I liked the joke!" Louis tried to defend himself.

Harry just huffed and got up to go to bed. Louis watched him leave. It wasn't his intention to upset him. He felt ashamed for how he had treated him in the past for Harry to believe that he was making fun of him for no reason. Poor Harry. He got up to go after him but Niall stopped him.
"Just leave him alone mate. We're all tired. We can't deal with a fight between the two of you right now."

He didn't want to fight either but Niall was right. Harry would probably interpret his apology as something else. How the hell would he be able to fix this?