Chapter 2

Talia's P.O.V.

"Damn it!" I screamed as the volleyball hit my head, and threw me to the ground.

I gripped the back of my head, a pounding headache coming on. I looked up to see Gracie with a devious grin plastered on her fake face.

Mumbling curse words to myself, I pick myself up and get back into the game, clearly pissed off.

I'm so pissed off that I hit the ball so hard, hitting Gracie directly in the nose. She let out a loud squeal that sounded like a dying cat, and fell to the ground holding onto her nose, blood leaking down. I could have sworn I just heard a crack..

And again, me being the smart ass that I am, I smiled at Gracie showing teeth. She glared at me, before letting out a scream, pissed off at me. Probably thinking about ripping my head clear off my body, but not if I do it to her first...

"She did this on purpose!" She squealed, blood seeping into her teeth.

"That is a false accusation!" I yelled. "I didn't mean to!"

"Stevens, to the principals office NOW!" Coach yelled.

Sighing to myself in frustration, I went to the locker rooms to change into my clothes. I left the gym and made my way to the office, knowing I was in for it because Gracie's uncle just so happens to be the principal.

I huffed into a brown chair, waiting for my name to be called so that I could meet my doom. Well, this is it. Goodbye cruel world!

Alright, alright. I'm being a little too dramatic.

"Talia Stevens," Principal Collinder announced, standing outside his office and pointing a finger at me.

I entered his giant office, the one that I had been to many times. The last time I was here, was whenever I got my lip pierced. All I had to do though was change it to a tiny diamond stud so that it wasn't a distraction to anyone. It was actually a dare for me to get it, and Stacy's dad owns a tattoo parlor so he did it for me. I hated it at first, but I have grown very fond of it.

"So you broke my nieces nose, huh?" Principal Collinder's voice broke me out of my thoughts about my lip ring.

"I didn't mean to. She should know that volleyball is a dangerous sport and you will get hurt," I said, trying to keep my cool.

"I thought it was hilarious," my mouth gaped open.

Did my principal really just say that?

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"My niece is a little brat, and I've tried to tell my sister that she is raising a she-devil but can I do anything about it? I would have hit her in the nose with a volleyball too!"

"She is a brat," I murmured.

"And I salute you for doing that, but I still have to punish you," he said with an apologetic look on his face. "I can't let people know that I think your awesome for breaking her nose. That would make me look entirely unprofessional."

I sighed and nodded in agreement. I mean, this was my principal whom wore converse to school while still wearing his suit and tie, and I honestly think we have an amazing principal.

"Hit me with your best shot," I said.

"Detention after school for a week," he said, signing some papers before handing it to me.

"I've had worse," I muttered.

I took my punishment and headed out into the halls, knowing that the bell was soon to ring to end school for the day.This damn day couln't possibly get worse, I mean, I've got detention for a whole entire week. No going home straight after school because instead, I had to stay after school for two full hours this whole entire week. How bad did that suck? Tremendously bad.