mallowmelt

"You know what you remind me of?" Sophie asked, studying Keefe who lay with his feet propped up against her knees on the other side of the sofa, taking a bite out of a slice of Edaline's famous mallowmelt.   

"A handsome, hilarious trouble-maker with the most amazing hair in the world?" Keefe deadpanned, making Sophie crack up so hard that Keefe almost dropped his plate.

"Nope! Sorry- although you are," Sophie conceded, reaching across to kiss him on the forehead.  "You kind of remind me of a Ripplefluff."

"Because I'm just that sweet?" Keefe taunted, holding his plate above her head like he was threatening to dump it on her.

Sophie rolled her eyes and swatted the dish away from her.  "No.  Because on the outside you just look like this mischevious hilarious boy, but on the inside, you're-"

"Even better?" Keefe asked, striking a pose that made him look like a wannabe supermodel from the Forbidden Cities.

"Stop interrupting," Sophie chided. "But.. no.  On the inside...." she locked eyes with Keefe's beautiful ice blue eyes that she'd learned to love more than anything in the world.  "There's so much more to you."

"You know what you remind me of?" Keefe said, matching her quiet tone. Sophie raised her eyebrows and tilted her chin up defiantly, making Keefe smirk at her.  He pointed to his dessert. "Mallowmelt."

"Let me guess- because I melt your heart?"  Sophie said, adding in some sass of her own.

"Not quite," Keefe promised, and then pointed to the thick brown chocolate sprinkled with tiny bits of mashed up cookies.  "They look like your eyes."

Sophie tried to remember how to breathe- and also to remember what her eyes looked like. The thick chocolate matched her deep brown eyes, and the cookie crumbs resembled the splattering of golden flecks.

"Ha. You're so much better at comparing foods to elves," Sophie admitted, loving how touching the analogy he'd just given her was.

Keefe blinked. "So.. you'd believe me if I said that Fitz was like a pile of mastadon poop?"

Sophie rolled her eyes, slapping his arm playfully. "You're crazy."

Keefe leaned over and kissed her, making her heart melt into a humiliating pile of ooze in her chest.  "Foster? We do crazy things for love."