movies

"So... you never told me what life is like in the Forbidden Cities," Keefe pointed out to Sophie, who was sitting next to him on the Havenfield pastures, watching the sun slip below the horizon and shine an array of colors across the darkening sky.

Sophie laughed.  "Nothing beats this."

"If you could do it all over again would you still come back to the Lost Cities?" Keefe asked her.  Sophie had no idea why he was asking, but she definitely knew that there was a right answer to that question.

"Definitely.  If it means meeting you Keefe Sencen I'd come back anyday," Sophie told him, lacing her hands through his and resting her head on his shoulder.

Keefe blew out a breath and ran his hand through her hair.  "What did you do back in the Forbidden Cities before you spent half your time saving the elvin world?"

"Ha. Mostly hiding out in the back of the classroom and getting tormented by Amy- little nine year old sisters are more annoying than-"

"Fitz?" Keefe deadpanned, and Sophie slapped his arm playfully.

"You're impossible, you know that?"

"I've been told it's one of my  finest qualities."

"And very strange. And weird. And probably a little tiny bit insane."

Keefe struck a pose for every usually-negative attribute that Sophie dubbed him with.  She laughed.

"What about when you were bored?" Keefe asked, when he was done wannabe super-modeling.

"Um... reading? And watching movies?"  Sophie said, surprised to find that she had to rack her brain a little to remember the human hobbies she used to have.

"Reading's a snore fest," Keefe told her boredly.  "But Dex told me about that other thing... what was it?"

"A movie?" Sophie guessed.

"Yeah, that thing," Keefe said.  "Any idea what that is?"

"Humans watch them all the time- come inside, I have some on my iPad and we can get Edaline to make us some mallowmelt or something."

"Yum?" Keefe asked uncertainly.  Sophie laughed again and helped her boyfriend to his feet as they made their way inside her room.

"Okay, let me show you a personal favorite," Sophie said, scrolling through her list of movies.  "Up for some Avengers? Superpower-y people saving the world?"

"Not much different from us," Keefe pointed out.  

"True- oooh! How about The Greatest Showman?"  Sophie asked excitedly.

"Ha- hit me with it."

They hopped onto Sophie's bed as the movie ran through- Keefe stopped at least twenty times asking about what was happening, and Sophie basically had to sort through her memories from when she learned about the Barnum and Bailey circus in ninth grade.  It turned out to be more of a history lesson on P.T. Barnum, but it was with Keefe Sencen, so by association, it was probably one of the best moments of her life.

When the movie was over, there was about a ten minute Keefe-interrogation about why humans listened to such different music.  

"You think that's different? You should listen to like Taylor Swift or Adele or something. It's like listening to music on an entire different dimension."

Keefe blinked.  "We basically are on an entire different dimension."

Sophie blinked back at him. "I'm.. a very strange person."

Keefe leaned over and kissed her. "Don't worry, Foster. It's one of your finest qualities."