even

"You still love me, right?" Keefe asked Sophie, who was sitting next to him under Calla's panakes tree, leaning her head on his shoulder and kicking the scattered blossoms into a pile.

"Of course, Keefe Sencen!"  Sophie chided, picking up a handful of flowers and sticking it into his hair. He swatted them away.

"Hey! Don't mess up the hair," Keefe scolded, mocking anger.

Sophie laughed, leaned back against the tree, and continued neatly sorting all the flowers.

"I've decided," Keefe announced.

"Decided what?"  Coming from your boyfriend, "I've decided" were two very scary words.

Keefe spotted her worried expression and laughed.  "Don't worry Foster- I still love you too.  I was just thinking- I really need to get even on the Dexter and Fitzy."

"You've kissed me so many times," Sophie reminded him.  "Fitz didn't even get one- and Dex wasn't even a thing."

"Dexphie wasn't even a thing, you mean," Keefe said with a smirk.  Sophie slapped his arm and gave him a teasing scowl.  

"Ugh- you're impossible! Okay, tell me what you mean."

"Fitzy found you first- so it's only fair that I find you first this time!"

"Wait... that doesn't even make sense! If I'm already found then I can't be re-found..."

"Not if I hide you in a closet, open it two minutes later, and then-"

"You are so stupid," Sophie told him, giving him a kiss.

"See?" Keefe said smugly, flashing her another smirk.  "Now we're even."