chocolate

"Okay... pick one, two, or three," Sophie said, pointing to the three cups laying rim-down on her desk.

Keefe looked at them curiously, and stroked his chin mockingly.  "Oh.. I don't know, what a hard decision.. how about... one?"

Sophie set her hand on the cup, and then looked at him.  "Why one?"

"'Cause there's only one girl in the entire Lost Cities as beautiful as you," Keefe said, smirking.

"Ha.  You really know how to sweet talk me, dont you Sencen?" Sophie observed, and then lifted the cup.

"Oooh! I got a- wait, what do you call those things?"

"Donuts," Sophe said helpfully, and then lifted up the other ones. "That's a lollipop.  And then that's a cupcake."

"I'm sorry," Keefe said between laughs. "Did you just say a lollipoop?"

"A lollipop," Sophie supplied, glaring at him.  "Try the donut- it's a good, but nothing on ripplepuffs." Sophie grabbed a handful of the delicious elvin dessert and stuffed it into her mouth.

Keefe broke the donut in half and stuck a bite into his mouth.  "Hmm," Keefe said.  "But.. why did you guys stick a hole in it?"

Sophie shrugged. "Because, that's what makes a donut a donut."

Keefe blinked. "But... wouldn't you get more out of the donut if it didn't have a hole in it?"

"Why are you asking me this?" Sophie said, taking the other half for her own.  "I have no idea what donut pioneers were thinking.  But they're good- they have chocolate."

"Oh, so by your standards, if it has chocolate on it it's good?" Keefe said, raising an eyebrow and looking way to mischievous for his own good.

"Sure?"

"Hold on a sec- close your eyes." Keefe used his telekinesis as a scrap of binder paper floated in front of her eyes.  There was a few thuds, a lot of shrieking, and something that sounded between a spill and a crack before Keefe said, panting, "Okay. Open."

It was a bowl, a beautiful ice blue one, with creamy melted chocolate drizzled over...

"Oh god," Sophie said, rolling her eyes.  "You gave me mastadon poop?"

"Hey! You were the one that insisted that everything was good with chocolate!" Keefe said defensively.  "See?" He stuck a finger in, brushing the chocolate, and then ate it.

Sophie gagged.

"I recall you saying last night that you'd do anything for me?" she said, trying to contain her laughter.

Keefe raised an eyebrow.  "I'm not going to like this but.. yes."

Sophie grinned at him and smashed the bowl of mastadon poop in his face.