baking

"Keefe!" Sophie yelled, stopping him from pouring the entire bag of flour into the bowl.  "You're a nightmare when you try to bake."

"But I'm a dream anytime else?" he guessed, smirking as he brushed a finger across her nose, wiping off a dot of flour. "Missed a bit."

Sophie rolled her eyes and laughed. "Okay. Try it again- but this time slower. And maybe it would help to actually measure something for once?"

Keefe looked at the odd mixture of foods they had blended that looked both slimy and crumbly at the same time. "Nope! I'm good- my hair will make up for any imperfections."

Sophie stared at him. "You sir, are ridiculous."

Keefe took a bow, grabbed a handful of flour, and dumped it into the mixer.  For a second, the machine spluttered (probably gagging at what they'd made, Sophie thought) and then picked up again, spraying them both with flour.

"Hey! You got it all over me," Sophie chided, trying to brush the white powder off of her shirt. She snatched up a handful of sugar and hurled it in his face.

"Oh, you want to go, Ms. F?" Keefe taunted, shaking salt into his hand and holding it over her head. "The baking war is on!"

"Don't you dare Keefe Sencen- aaah!" The salt rained down on her hair like mini pieces of hail.  She laughed and squirted him with chocolate sauce- on his hair.

"The hair!" Keefe shrieked mockingly- or at least Sophie thought he was teasing.  "It is so on, you-"

"Missed me!" Sophie teased, ducking underneath the countertop as bowls went flying across the table and sprinkles flew towards the ground. "Can't catch me, I'm the- what the-?"

Keefe had levitated above her, holding a huge bowl full of rainbow colored sprinkles and promptly dumped them on her head.  

"Take that, Foster!" Keefe laughed, floating downwards as Sophie tried to shake out the sprinkles.

Sophie looked at him and giggled.

She looked around the kitchen which was so messy it actually rivaled her old room in the Forbidden City. "We better-"

Before she could finish, Keefe pulled her in and picked a sprinkle off the top of her head.

"Missed a spot," he said softly.

Sophie threw the sprinkle at his face.