Chapter 15: Obstacle Race

NOBODY'S POV

"THE OBSTACLE RACE! All eleven classes will participate in this." Midnight explained again but with a more in depth explanation.

"The whole course will be the outer ring of the stadium, about four kilometers! And there's what we call free will. As long as you stay at the course, you can do whatever you want inside! Now that that's settled with...." Midnight cracked her whip wildly.

"Go to the outside of the stadium!" She yelled as most students ran outside to get a head start at the front.

Izuku was there already who used kamui instantly to get ahead of people pushing each other to get first.

All of the students are at the starting point of the race now, ready to go as the bell rings three times.

IZUKU'S POV

'this is it.' I thought to myself as I felt a fist bump to my shoulder. I looked back and saw kacchan with his game face on. I know he was trying to convey that I shouldn't lose to this game, let alone it be the first event. I smirked at him as he did right back.

"Don't go losing this game deku. It wouldn't be fun if I didn't get to crush you on a 1 on 1 battle later on." He said. I know it was his way of saying 'good luck' to me.

I nodded with confidence as his smile grew to a chaotic smile. He was too calm... Let's say he's chaotic calm, it's creeping the other students.

The first bell.

This is it! I adjusted myself as I readied myself to use my visual prowess.

I will not fail this. I'll show mom, Sasuke, Madara that I'll be the strongest!

The second bell.

Time was running out now. The anxiety, excitement creeping into our bodies and minds. I kept my eyes focused on the finish line, visualizing it, making sure I won't miss a beat in this.

This will be easy... I juts know it! My only competition will be kacchan and.... Todoroki.

I looked to see todoroki staring coldly at me, his ice seeping out his body. He was ready to trap everyone in ice and slide through with it.

That move is easy to predict and avoid!

The third bell.

"IM NOT GONNA LOSE!" and with that I used raiton to enhance my speed and agility and ran at break neck speed.

All the students gave out a war cry as they began to run for their lives for the finish line.

"Deku you bastard! Get back here!!!" Kacchan screamed as he used his explosion to catch up to me. I didn't expect him to be this fast and go neck to neck with me.

I suddenly felt the temperature drop behind me and saw that todoroki did what I predicted him to do. He trapped every other student in ice as he glided through with it.

He looked rather calm and collected as he just slide through the horde of students with ease.

"You think that'll work on us twice?!" I heard mina yell as she slide through on top the ice using her acid.