✒VII

✒Diana

   I hug my knees and start to cry. "I will miss you Maurice. I will miss you Belle. I'm so sorry," I sob.

  I wipe them after. "I must be strong," I tell myself. I start to look for an escape. After a minute of finding, I saw no way out.

   I suddenly hear the gate opens. I stand up in fright. "Forgive me for intrusion Mademoiselle. But I have come here to escort you to your room," a man voice says as I grab the small chair. "My room? I thought -" he interrupts me, "You thought that once this door opens, it will never open again." Then he imitates the roar.

   I slowly walk outside and find the source of the voice. I see the candelabra talking, "I know he get so dramatic."

   "Hello," he greets and I gasp. He slips down before I throw the chair and squeal. "Oh you are very strong but this is great quality," he says and I ask, "What are you?" "I am Lumiere," he says and I tilt my head in confusion, "You can talk?"

   "Well, of course he can talk, that's all he ever does," the clock awhile ago climbs up the stairs. "Now Lumiere, as head of the household, I demand you to put her back into the dungeon at once," the clock says. "What do you want to be for the rest of your life Cogsworth?A man? Or a mental clock?" the candelabra says, "Ready miss?" he asks and I nod as my answer. I breathe in before following them.

   We walk outside the top castle. "You must forgive first impressions. I hope you're not too startled," Lumiere says as I hold him in my hand. "I am startled to be honest," I admit to him and he just laughs. "I'm talking to a candelabra and it's weird," I say and he tells me, "It's not weird. It's unique."

   "The castle is yours now. Feel free to roam around," he tells me and Cogsworth adds, "Except the west wing." Lumiere waves his hand. "Oh! Which we don't have," he adds again.

   "Why? What's in the west wing?" I ask as I look at Lumiere. "Nothing! Just storage things. That's it. Yes, that's it," he says which sounds suspicious. "Now this way to the east wing," Cogsworth leads the way. "Or as I like to call it, the only wing," Lumiere states.

   We walk to the said room. "Why are you guys talking?" I ask and they look at each other before looking at me. "You see we are cursed by a beautiful enchantress," Cogsworth tells me. "Why did she curse you?" I ask further. "Because the prince decline her offer, then boom! We are antiques," Lumiere tells me. "I don't get it," I scratch my head and they laugh at me. "Don't worry about it Mademoiselle."

    We walk to a small door which reveals a big door. They open the big door and Lumiere says, "Welcome to your new home. It's modest but comfortable."

    I look at the wonderful big room. It has a color scheme of gold, white and light blue. It has a big bed which look so soft. It has a big blue closet. I look at the top and see gold branches. "It's so beautiful," I breathe out

   "But of course, master wants you to have the finest room in the castle," Lumiere tells me and I furrow my brows, "Really?" "Yes! Of course Mademoiselle!" Lumiere assures me. "He sounds like he hates me," I tell them. "No he doesn't!"

    He jumps to the bed which cause the dust to come out. "Oh dear. We were not expecting guests."

    I let out a cough.