✒X

✒Diana

    "I said I don't want to join you for dinner," I repeat as I heard a knock. "Don't worry dear. It's only Ms. Potts," a calm gentle voice tells me. I begin to set aside the tie and hide it. I stand in front of it so she wouldn't notice.

  "Oh! Aren't you a vision," she says as a tray cart pushes her inside the room. "How lovely it is to be your acquaintance," she smiles to me.

   She looks at my tie and says, "Oh... It's a long journey. Let me fix you up before you go." I look at the tie I made. "I have found that most troubles are less troubling after a bracing cup of tea," she pours some tea on the teacup.

  The tea cup slide to me. "Slowly now Chip," she tells. I grab the teacup and take a sip. "Pleased to meet you," Chip says to me and I smile at him. "What to see me do a trick?" he asks before blowing a bubble on the tea. "Chip," Mrs. Potts warns.

   "That was a brave thing you did for your family, deary," she tells me and Madame de Garderobe agrees, "Yes. We all think so." "I'm worried about them," I state and Mrs. Potts comforts me, "Cheer up, my puppet. Things will turn out in the end. You will feel a lot better after dinner." "But he said, if he doesn't eat with me. She doesn't it at all," I repeat his words. "People say a lot of things in anger. It is our choice whether to not listen. You coming , puppet?" she goes to the door. "Go," Madame de Garderobe tells me. I follow Mrs. Potts to the dining room.

   "There you are my dear," she guides me in front of the table. The light suddenly are gone. Plumutte flies with a silver plate in her hands. She reflects the light to Lumiere.

  "Ma chère Mademoiselle, it is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight," Lumiere says as he walks in the middle of the table. "Psst. Here," he whisper to Plumette. "And now, we invite you to relax," a chair pushes me to sit down. "Let us pull up a chair," he jumps as the table cloth rolls.  "As the dining room proudly presents...," the plates, cups, spoons, and fork flies in the room.

   The piano stops at one note and Lumiere looks worriedly. But the piano continues. "Your dinner," he finishes.

   "Be our guest! Be our guest. Put our service to the test," Lumiere dances to his song. "Tie your napkin 'round your neck, cherie," a clothesrack gives me a cloth and I put it on my lap. "And we'll provide the rest."

   "Soup du jour. Hot hors d'oeuvres. Why, we only live to serve." The clothesrack shows various of soup. I try to get a taste but fail. "Try the grey stuff, it's delicious." Lumiere gives me a gray dish. "Don't believe me? Ask the dishes."

   "They can sing, they can dance. After all, Miss, this is France. And a dinner here is never second best." The menus flies and I grab one. "Go on, unfold your menu." I open the menu and take a look. "Take a glance and then you'll. Be our guest. Oui, our guest. Be our guest!" Cogsworth shushes which make me giggle.

  "Beef ragout. Cheese soufflé. Pie and pudding, en flambé.We'll prepare and serve with flair.  culinary cabaret!" The dishes pop in the room.

   "You're alone. And you're scared," I grab a glass but Lumiere stops me from drinking. "But the banquet's all prepared. No one's gloomy or complaining. While the flatware's entertaining. We tell jokes! I do tricks. With my fellow candlesticks!" Lumiere jumps to the chandelier.

   "And it's all in perfect taste.That you can bet."

   "Come on and lift your glass. You've won your own free pass.To be our guest. If you're stressed. It's fine dining we suggest. Be our guest!" The glass flies and Plumette reflect the light on it. The room lights up beautifully.

   "Be our guest! Be our guest!"

   "Life is so unnerving.For a servant who's not serving. He's not whole without a soul to wait upon." I try to have a slice but he stops me again "Ah, those good old days when we were useful." "Eh, Cogsworth?" He looks at Cogsworth. "Suddenly those good old days are gone."

   "Too long, we've been rusting. Needing so much more than dusting." The table cloth is being pulled by Lumiere which cause my meal to slip away. "Needing exercise, a chance to use our skills. Most days, we just lay around the castle," he sadly sings.

   "Flabby, fat, and lazy. You walked in and oops-a-daisy."

   "It's a guest! It's a guest! Sake's alive, well I'll be blessed! Wine's been poured and thank the Lord. I've had the napkins freshly pressed. With dessert, she'll want tea. And my dear, that's fine with me. While the cups do their soft-shoein'. I'll be bubbling, I'll be brewing." I hear Mrs. Potts sing from the kitchen

  "I'll get warm, piping hot. Heaven's sakes! Is that a spot? Clean it up! We want the company impressed! We've got a lot to do.Is it one lump or two? For you, our guest!" Mrs. Potts slides in the dining room.

   "She's our guest!"

   "She's our guest!"

   "She's our guest!"

  "Be our guest! Be our guest! Our command is your request. It's been years since we've had anybody here. And we're obsessed." A lot of feather dusters show off their beauty.

   "With your meal, with your ease. Yes, indeed, we aim to please. While the candlelight's still glowing. Let us help you, we'll keep going." A fountain appears.

    "Course by course," Cogsworth sings. "One by one," Lumiere interrupts." 'Til you shout, "Enough! I'm done!" Then we'll sing you off to sleep as you digest. Tonight, you'll prop your feet up. But for now, let's eat up. Be our guest! Be our guest! Be our guest! Please, be our guest!"

   "Pudding?"