✒XIII

✒Adam

   "What's you name?" I decide to ask her. "Diana... What is yours?" she replies and I tell her, "Adam."

   She grabs something in her pocket and suddenly gasps. "Why?" I ask her worryingly. "My book! It's gone!" she says sadly. She begins to frantically look for it in her pocket. "It must have fallen when the wolves attacked me," she says as she keeps looking.

   I sit up and she looks at me. "What are you doing?" she asks worryingly. I stand up. She pushes me back in bed. "No. You're still weak," she says and I tell her, "Trust me. Now. Follow me."

   We lead her to walk to the library. "Where are we going?" she curiously asks and I smile at her. "Secret," I simply answer. She pouts which is so adorable.

   I open the door and walk in. "There are bunch of books here that you may like to read," I tell her. When she does not reply, I look at her. She has an amazed expression on her pretty face.

   "Are you alright?" I ask her. "It's wonderful," she breathes out. "Yes," I agree with her, "I suppose it is.

    When I saw her reaction, I decided something. "If you like it so much, then it is yours," I give her my library. "Really?" she puts her hands above her mouth. "Yes. I am giving this to you," I repeat and she grins happily.

    "Have you read every one of this books?" she questions. "Pfft. All all of them," I answer her question. "Some of them are in Greek," I try to joke. "Was that a joke?" she says with a smile in her gorgeous face and giggles. My heart flutters at her laughter. "Maybe," I tell her and begin to leave. I smile when I hear her squeal gladly as I close the door.

   "Master, the breakfast is ready," Lumiere tells me when I sit by the fireplace. "Inform Diana that breakfast is ready," I tell him and he bows, "Yes Master."

    I walk to the dining area and sit on my chair. Diana arrives with a nose stuck on a book. She looks at me and slightly nods. She sits on her seat and we begin to eat. She reads as she eats.

   I begin slurping my meal. I look at her and she giggles. Adorable. She walks to me with a cloth on her hand. She gently wipes my mouth.

  She stares into my blue eyes. I look back on hers. She breaks the stare and sits back on her chair. She suddenly ignores my gaze. What did I do wrong?

   After the lovely meal, we head outside the place. "The air is blue and keen and cold. And in a frozen sheath enrolled. Each branch, each twig, each blade of grass, seems clad miraculously with... glass," she reads as we walk.

   I stop by the bridge and watch the lake in awe. "It's like I'm seeing it for the first time," I say. "Are there anymore?" I ask Diana which make her laugh. "For in that solemn silence is heard in the whisper of every sleeping thing," she reads again. "Look, look at me, Come wake me up for still here I'll be." We look at each other before turning our gaze away.

   We walk to the horse stable. I see her white horse. She pulls it out of the stable and show it to me.

   I slowly approach it but it neighs in distress. I back away from the horse. Diana calms the horse before holding my hand. My heart beats fastly. She places it at the horse and I smile at my achievement. She leaves me alone with horse. The horse snorts and I mock it.

   Suddenly, a snowball hits my back. I look at the source and see Diana laughing. I grab a big snow ball and toss it to her. She falls down on the ground.

   I laugh happily.