Chapter Forty-One

**MATURE CONTENT. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.**

"Welcome back," Zane purrs as I step into the luxurious mansion.

"Wish I could say I was happy to be back." I flash a nervous smile.

"Neither of the loons will be home for hours. We have plenty of time," he assures me. "So... where do you want to start?"

"Upstairs?"

"Sounds good to me."

Zane leads the way. I take a deep breath and follow him.

I don't know why I'm all of a sudden so anxious. Until I arrived at Zane's doorstep, I felt okay. On Monday, I reassured Damian that everything would be fine.

Except now I'm here, about to snoop through my boss's underwear drawer, and I feel anything but fine.

Zane stops at the top of the stairs. I nearly bump into him, but he catches me by the elbow, chuckling to himself.

"You okay?" he asks, showing off that signature smirk of his.

"Mhm," I mumble, trying to focus on his eyes and not his lips, which are getting closer and closer to mine.

"We don't have to do this if you're scared."

"I'm not scared."

"You look scared."

I swallow the egg in my throat. "Maybe I'm a tad nervous," I confess.

He weaves his fingers through mine, gently stroking my palms. "We can do this another day if you want."

"I don't want to wait," I declare. "I want to do this now."

It occurs to me that I don't know if I'm talking about our espionage mission or the dark-eyed man standing in front of me.

"Then let's do this," he says.

We continue down the hall, both striding past the Bishops' bedrooms and straight to his.

He closes the door behind us. Immediately, I run my fingers through his hair and connect my lips to his. He shoves his hands into the back pockets of my jeans and pulls me closer—so close that I can feel his desire poking me in the stomach. I snake my arms around his neck as he puts his hands under my legs and picks me up, carrying me to the bed.

I tug on the hem of his shirt, silently begging him to take it off. He removes the pesky fabric and kisses me again, this time harder. I run my fingers along his toned abdomen, enjoying the way it makes him tremble above me.

"Oh, fuck," he moans.

"Is that what you want?"

He looks down at me and slowly grinds his body against mine. "If that's that you want, then yes."

"That's what I want, too," I reply, reaching for the button of his pants.

"Hold on," he stops me. "You first."

He helps me shimmy out of my jeans and then removes my shirt and bra. He fondles my bare breasts in his hands before bringing his lips to the tip and sucking gently. I feel his fingers against my stomach, then on my hips, and then even lower.

I arch my back as pleasure flows through me. I've been intimate with a man before, and it was good, but it wasn't like this.

Zane kicks off his pants and then grabs a foil packet off the nightstand. I watch as he slides the condom on, admiring his... sizable attribute.