I Love My Dead Gay Son

The sound of the bells clanging from the chapel was heard around town. Veronica Lodge- Andrews, formally known as the Mayor of Riverdale walks her way up to the stand bursting in tears facing the press. Behind her, were two empty coffins with a picture of two ginger haired boys whom she dedicates the service to. 

          "Madam Mayor, can you tell us about the search for your son and the Blossom boy?." A reporter asked raising his pen.

         "Well, after a week of investigating and sending search parties. The sheriff concluded that there were no signs of saying they're still alive." Veronica answered.

         "Could you tell us about your son, Alfred Andrews?" 

         "He was a kind hearted boy like his father. Very caring and loving, he is very precious to me and I love him for who he is."

         "What do you mean with that statement, Madam Mayor?"

         "I love him even though he's confuse with his sexuality!" She said with conviction. The reporters gasped hearing the notion.

        "Could you describe the relationship between your son and the Blossom heir apparent?"

         "Well, they were friends since pre-school and summer camp buddies.  Now, they're playing football together, they were VERY close... Inseparable. They were like the Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.” The woman shares.

         "When was your last encounter with your son and Cheryl Blossom’s boy?" 

         "Well it all started a week ago..."

——————————

         It was a sunny mid-morning, and my son and I were the ones left at the house. My husband is away on his Naval duties and my youngest son off to a study date with our next door neighbor. He was in our living room, slumped on our couch, reading a comic book like he usually does, when I came in and asked,

        "Red, aren't you gonna go out? Your brother is out with Lisa.”

        "Nah, I'm staying at home. Besides, Anthony’s coming over." My son shrugs, too preoccupied with his reading.

        "Anthony Blossom? I do like that boy, he's very sweet and charming. You two are perfect for each other!" I gushed over their cute and somewhat lowkey romantic bond.

       "Are you saying I'm gay?" He suddenly put the comic aside and sat up.

       "I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying... your partner is sweet and very kind which is perfect since he's the the son of my business partner." 

       "Mom, I'm not gay!"

       "I love you no matter what, honey. And I am okay with you having a partner like him." 

         Anthony, one of Cheryl’s boys, barged in unannounced like he usually does as if it was his own home. It’s like what I always say to all of my son’s friends, that they are always welcome and to treat the Andrews residence like it’s their second home.

        "Good morning, Mrs. Andrews!" Anthony chirps, giving me a peck on the cheek, exactly like his mother.

        "Hello, Anthony.” I greeted, before eyeing on my adorable couple saying, “Well...I'll leave you two be." Making my way to the kitchen with my ears still tuned into their conversation.

        "What was that about?" Anthony asked my son.

       "My mom thinks we're together."