11. Merino's (Part 1)

It was the final day of the school week and only ten minutes remained of Riarshi's last class

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

It was the final day of the school week and only ten minutes remained of Riarshi's last class.

The long-awaited weekend teased Riarshi from just outside of the classroom door and beckoned him from the end of the hallway. He could already feel himself sinking into his worn out couch and watching re-runs of his favorite shows late into the night.

Despite his longing for the free world and the chance to finally stretch his legs, the opportunity to learn the history behind human magic and how it sculpted the earth made Magic History Riarshi's favorite academic class.

Riarshi ignored the rest of the professor's lecture, given he already held a firm grasp on the content of today's lesson. He elected to study his notes instead, hoping the ten minutes separating him from freedom would be over by the time he finished.

Today's lesson focused on the world's origins of magic. His mind's voice read over his scribbled mess.

At the beginning of time, all-powerful beings known as The Divines created the universe with their magnificent power. Today, we revere these beings as gods and the guardians of Earth.

However, creation cannot occur without a cost. Creating the stars and planets of the universe forced the Divines to use an astronomical amount of magic. This enormous expense in power left a sizeable gap of negative energy in the universe's gravitational pit, or whatever.

The gap in spacial energy eventually transformed into negative magic. This led to the inevitable creation of the demon race once souls of the dead fell within its depths.

Riarshi read the last line again.

So that's how my mom was made, huh? I bet I'll learn more about that sometime.

Riarshi's attention was still deep in his notes when the professor dismissed the class. Her shrill voice and the rattle of her wrist jewelry snatched him from his prolonged muse. 

Without a moment of hesitation, he quickly packed his bag and sprung from his chair, the metal legs screeching on the tile floor.

It was almost three o'clock, so he had to move fast. If he was a minute too slow, he would miss the 3:15 PM bus. He wanted to get back home as soon as possible.

Just as he threw his bag over his shoulder and bolted towards the door, someone called from the far end of the classroom. "Hey, Riarshi! Wait up a second!"

This friendly voice caught Riarshi's attention. He spun on his heel, and an enormous smile greeted him.

"Oh, hey, Tabito. What's up?" Riarshi said frantically, trying his best to be polite but also make it obvious that he was in a rush.

Tabito failed to take the hint.

"Not too much, you busy tonight?" Tabito asked.

Riarshi raised a brow. "Uh, no, not really, why?"

The Divine Demon - Book 1: A New Beginningजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें