[5] Dont be sorry.

Luis got out of the ride as fast as he could, and he started walking away quickly. Melanie got tears in her eyes just as she said she was leaving. He stopped in his tracks, he faced her.

"How early Melanie," she said nothing. "How early," his face was very serious now. She was looking away.

"As soon as possible," she said softly, Luis rolled his eyes and began to walk again. "Please, Luis, you've got to understand," he stopped walking, but this time he stopped near Charlie, Adam, Connie, Guy, Dwayne and Averman.

"No Melanie, you made a commitment to come here. You didn't have to, but you chose to. It wasn't even a week, and you're leaving, we need you here, and now Bombay has to fill the roster spot again," he shouted, and the team was watching the two.

Luis stormed off and the rest of the team gathered just staring at her. It was dark so nobody really saw her bright red faces. She turned around and slowly made her way to the brick wall next to the Ferris wheel.

Guy looked around and everybody was still in shock. He shook his head lightly, disappointed that all his teammates were watching when she needed them most. He took her arm off the shoulders of Connies and followed her quickly.

"Mel" he called. He saw her blue jacket and sat down beside her. Her knees were up and her head was curled in. "Why are you here," she asked, he was shrugging. "I thought you'd like a friend to talk to,"

"You don't have to be here if you don't want to," he looked at her and smiled. Even though she couldn't see it. He leaned his head against the wall. "Why would I be here if I didn't want to," he said, and her head rose out of her lap.

"Thanks," she said softly. For a minute, there was silence. "Okay get up," he said, she was looking at him with a confused look on her face.

He stood up and held out his hand. "You came here to have fun, so I'm going to make this fun for you," he was afraid he was going to be rejected, and she was going to want to be alone.

There was a smile on her face, and she took the boy by the hand. A jolt of relief fell through his body. They walked out to the slushie stand, and he pulled out five dollars.

"Oh, Guy, you don't have to," he looked at her. "Please let me do this for you," he stared in her eyes, and she smiled softly.

"Cherry or blue raspberry?" he asked, "Blue raspberry for sure," she said, and laughed. "Good, who likes cherry," both of them laughed.

They've been walking around playing games for about an hour. He won her a cute giraffe that made her night. Mostly because the giraffe was her favourite animal, but it was also because he won it for her. Melanie couldn't help but feel guilty because Guy had spent all his money on her. ⠀

"Can I talk to you about something?" he asked, and she nodded. "I don't want to get personal, but I know that you and luis are so close and stuff," she glanced at him.

He placed his hands in his pockets. "Is Connie like, going behind my back with Luis?" she stopped him and grabbed his arm and took him to the corner. "What no, what makes you think that?"

He took a deep breath. "They seem to be getting closer, you know," she shook her head. "I don't think so," she said, and he smiled and nodded. "Anyway enough about that, I want to know more about you," he smiled, and she scratched the bridge of her nose.

"Well, I've been playing hockey for a while. I'm from Boston, Massachusetts," she contuinuned.

"Uh Mel," she gazed at him in the line of the Ferris wheel. We got on and sat down.

"Why were you upset before?" he asked, and she went red. "Do you really want to know that?" she asked, and he nodded.

She looked down at her fingers, trying to hold back her tears. "Well, when I was a kid, I was diagnosed with severe anxiety, mostly separation anxiety, but I still have it for a lot of other things. I couldn't spend more time away from my family than a night before I broke down and had to go home. So I wouldn't go on school trips, sleepovers, I missed everything a little girl was supposed to do," he stopped and just looked at the helpless girl.
"That's awful," he said, and she shrugged.

"But it started to get better and I could leave for a few days without freaking out, but then my dad died a year ago," her eyes were full of tears.

"And we used to play hockey together, so now every time I play a game I think of him," he put his hand on her hand. "Is it getting hot up here, it's just me," her eyes were bloodshot red, and he just looked at her.

He got her out of there as soon as possible when the ride stopped. He took her to the side and pulled her into a hug, holding her short body close to himself. She began to sob in his hold. "Shhh, it's all right," he whispered."I'm so sorry, I never really talk about it," she said, rubbing her eyes. "Don't be sorry," he said, assuring her.

"I'm going to go back to the hotel," she said, he began shaking his head. "I'm going with you," he said, and she nodded.

She kept the giraffe close as the two of them walked in silence. They both didn't know what to say when they got there. "I've had a lot of fun tonight, you've really taken my mind on things. Thank you," the words made him smile.

"I also had a lot of fun with you," she smiled and unlocked her door. "bye Guy," she said, closing the door. She slipped off her shoes and fell to bed. She kept her giraffe close to her. Slowly, she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Guy Germaine had a hard time understanding what had happened 20 minutes earlier. But the one thing he couldn't get out of his mind was that Connie Moreau was going to fall for someone else.