[12] No Hard Feelings.

Bombay and Jans were in the kitchen talking about Melanie's mom, and how Bombay and Her talked a lot. "What about my mom?" Melanie walked out and rubbed her eyes. "Oh Melanie! Would you like some eggs?" Jans asked walking to the kitchen. "Sure," she sat down, staring at the clock, 3 o'clock.

"What if they don't want me here?" she asked Bombay, he shook his head taking a sip of his coffee. "That team always gives a second chance, you just haven't been around to watch it happen," she smiled as he got up to get her a jersey.

Melanie ate her food and grabbed her bag, "We're going to get you changed a little early so it can be a surprise," She nodded and picked up her bag. "Great meeting you Jans!" She called out, and he smiled.

"She jumped in the car and got more and more excited by the minute. When she got there, she went straight to the change room. She looked around until she heard the door open. There was a kind of long hallway to get to the actual change room. Her eyes widened and she stepped into the locker, hiding herself.

"I can't believe the roster spot is going to fill up today," Jesse said. "Guys, I feel like we're betraying Mel," Charlie said.

"Noway! She's the one who left us. Plus, she probably knows everything we do, I hear Guy talking to her on the phone every day," Luis said.

The group crossed their arms as Guy walked in. "So Guy Germaine, Hows Melanie," Jesse asked. "Look Guys, I don't want to hear about it," Guy said, taking off his shirt. Melanie stared at the little spaces. Her eyes widened as she saw Guy shirtless standing there.

"No, how's the trader," Jesse went on to bug him. "In fact, she's good, it was probably a good thing that she went back to Boston, she's a good way for you guys," he snapped, they just all rolled their eyes and got changed.

"We will meet you on the ice Guy," Charlie said as they all walked out leaving Guy alone in the changing room. He sat down and held his head in his hands, regretting that he had called her in the first place. As far as Melanie was concerned, she just watched, wanting to step out and give him a hug.

He sat up and sighed as he grabbed his jersey. "Guy," said a soft voice, looking behind him. He was in a complete shock. "Melanie," he went over to her and hugged her. He wasn't the only one who was shocked, she didn't think they were close enough to hug!

"Why are you here?" he asked as his hands were intertwined with her long brown hair. "I came back to help you beat Iceland," she smiled. "So this is what your mom meant," she laughed a little.

"Have you been in the locker this whole time?" he pointed to the open locker. She nodded. "I promise they'll change their minds as soon as they see you," he said reassuring her, she smiled. "I doubt it, but you might want to go before someone comes in and sees me," she held his shirt and smiled at her.

"Ill see you out there?" she nodded, and he put in his jersey, grabbed his helmet and walked out. She looked at the door and thought about the hug. She was so confused, what was it was about anyway.

She waited at the door until Bombay asked her to come out. They all looked at her, their jaws dropped to the floor. "Everyone, Melanie is filling our open roster spot," he said.

"Melanie, this is Russ Tyler, Russ this is Melanie Taylor. Russ is filling up Adams roster spot because of his wrist," waved Melanie and waved back.

"Melanie, if you want to say something now, this is your chance," said Bombay, crossing his arms.

She sighed, "Look, I know you were upset because I left, but I had a lot of personal problems that I had to deal with before I was stable enough to realize that being here with you guys and not with my family wasn't the problem, I was the problem. I was too scared of not being able to hold it together and bring all of you down, but now I've reached the conclusion that I need you guys. Even though I haven't been with you guys for a long time, I realized that I've been bonding with you all in different ways. Luis and Dwayne, you guys were my first friends here, Julie was the first girl friend of mine ever to play hockey. Charlie has taught me that you don't have to be the best to be successful. Jesse had it in my mind that it's not necessarily a bad thing to have attitude. And Guy taught me what friendship really is all about. I'm so sorry I left, but I don't regret it at all. Now, I'd really like to play with you guys if you let me," she said playing with her fingers.

They all looked at each other, then smiled. When they were done with their creepy smiles, they all got up and started yelling as they skated over to her. Everyone laughed at the girl. "All right team! Since we're all back together, let's practice!" Bombay shouted.

"Mel, I can't do that!" cried Luis. Melanie was helping Luis learn how to use his breaks as it was a must for him to perform better in hockey. "Luis, you've got to stop whining! You're behaving like a child!" she started writing on the clipboard.

He rolled his eyes, "just keep skating to the boards until you get brain damage," she turned away to get her bottle of water. He was just standing there staring down at his skates when she turned around. "Luis," she tried to get his attention, "Mr. Mendoza, we've got practice to continue," she laughed and started walking towards him.

He looked up, and he looked hurt, "Luis, what's wrong," staring deep into his brown eyes. He pulled her to his embrace.

Luis was taller than Mel, not by much, but he was, and because he was in skates, it was a whole new high difference. "I'm so sorry," his voice broke. "Don't be sorry," she held him tightly. "But I am, and I can't help feeling guilty about everything I said, I was supposed to be there for you when you needed me the most, but instead I was telling you that we didn't need you, but I did need you," he sighed.

"And I don't know what I was thinking that night at the festival, and I'm so childish, acting like that in front of all those people," he wiped the sweat off his face.

I get it, I would have been frustrated if it was you too. If you're fine with going back to the way things were before, I am too," He grinned a little bit. She placed her hand out in front of her.

"No hard feelings?" He looked at her hand, shook his head and pulled her into a second hug.

"No hard feelings," he said, she smiled.

"Alright, Luis! I brought all the cans, let's do this," Jans went to the centre of the ice and began stacking the cans.

"I guess that's my que to leave," both of them chuckled. "When I'm done with this, you're telling me all that happened in Boston!" he shouted as she was almost out of the door. "Of course," she said, walking forward.