[17] I Know So.

It's been 2 weeks since the camp started. They would do a little Hockey drill every day that helped them with their skills.

"All right team, so today, I've assigned you all the jobs, you're going to be put into partners or groups of three, and given the job you're going to do until the end of the summer," Bombay announced, taking out the clipboard.

"Averman, Charlie, and Connie, you're going to be working at the cinemas,"

"Melanie and Guy, both of you are going to be life Guards at the Minneapolis Pool, since you both have a certificate," they looked at each other and smiled as they got up for their first day at work.

"So we're actually getting paid for this?" Melanie asked, wearing the red bathing suit they gave her. "I'm not sure, maybe if Bombay says so," he grabbed his, too.

"You know, if you're going shirtless, you're going to get all the ladies in the pool," she tugged at his shirt. He blushed and shook his head with a smile. "If it gets too hot, I will, but not for your amusement," she gasped.

"I've seen you shirtless before, I don't need to again," she began walking toward the changing room. "What when?" he began to follow her.

They walked out on the pool deck and looked around at all the people swimming or tanning. "This is going to be fun," she said, looking at him. He was shirtless, she blushed, and made her way to the other side of the chair.
-

"Don't worry guys, I've been working here since January," Averman said, taking tickets from people walking in. "What are we supposed to do?" Charlie asked, crossing his arms. "I don't know, go make popcorn or something," he replied as he continued to do his job.

Charlie and Connie sighed as they walked over to the counter, they were the only ones there because there weren't many employees at the movie theatre.

"So, how do you feel about Mel and Guy making out at the library?" Charlie asked, laughing a little, Connie had a confused expression. "What do you mean by that?" she asked, fixing the candy on the shelves.

"This teenager came up to Adam and I after the game and started talking about how he saw Guy and Melanie making out at the library a couple of weeks ago," he looked at her. She shook her head, "Guy wouldn't move on that fast, and he said he didn't like her,"

"Well, I wouldn't have put it past them, when she's not with Luis, she's with Guy, I'm telling you, that girl's taking both of your men," Charlie laughed. "Stop spreading false rumours Charlie, it's not funny," she said, walking away.

"I was just kidding," he said, finishing her job. She walked to the bathroom and sat down on one of the toilets, she really missed Guy. She really likes Luis, but Guy was her first.

She sat there with the thought of them kissing, floating around her mind. Soon, she came to the realization that Guy wasn't going to move on that fast, he was too sensitive. She might have been able to get him back, she and Luis weren't serious, so she thought of ways to ask Guy out again.

8:27 P.M

Connie's House

Julie, Connie and Melanie wanted to spend some girl time together because they were the only girls in the group. Melanie stuck a chip in her mouth as she lay down on her stomach. "So, anybody's got any secrets?" Julie asked, turning the record player down a bit.

Melanie kept reading the magazine, she didn't want to tell the girls about the kiss her, and Guy shared. "Melanie?" Julie questioned, trying to get her attention. Melanie didn't know how to answer that question.

"Anything going on with Guy?" Connie asked, sticking a piece of chocolate in her mouth. Melanie sat up to her knees."So here's the thing, everybody thinks I like Guy, but I don't. He's like a best friend to me, I'll never be able to date him, plus he's not my type," she shrugged.

"So you're never going to try to get with him?" Julie asked. "Nope, the thought of us together makes me uncomfortable," they all laughed. Connie felt a wave of relief go by as she laughed with them.

12:37 A.M

Guys House

"Guy," said Charlie in his sleeping bag on the floor. "Yes, Charlie," Guy replied with his back against Adams. "I think you should go for it," he said, almost rolling off the air mattress.

"Go for what Charlie," Guy yawned while trying to talk. "Melanie,"

"What are you talking about," Guy said as Adam's sleeping breath touched the back of his neck. Since Adam and he were close friends, he was used to that.

"I know you guys kissed, and I think you guys would be absolutely adorable, so next time you see her, I don't know, like kiss her again," Guys eyes widened.

"Do you think she likes me?" Guy asked, and Charlie stuck his hand under his pillow. "I don't think so, I know so, she's always talking to Julie in her room about you," Charlie closed his eyes.

Guy stayed up thinking about it for the next few hours, was it going to be a good idea?

* *

"Morning Guy," Mel said, her legs hanging from the pool ledge. He was smiling at the girl. It was 8:30 A.M. and he was really tired. "Why are you so tired darling?" she asked, crossing her arms.

"Couldn't fall asleep last night with Adam breathing loudly," they both laughed. "Well, if you need to go take a nap later, I can take care of things," she moved a piece of hair out of his face.

"You don't look like your feeling well, Guy," she frowned at his pale face. "I'm fine, I'm just tired," she nodded and turned around, "I'm going to open the doors," she walked over to the door.

He sighed and walked into the changing room to put on his red swim trunks. He walked out and there were a couple of girls in the pool. He walked to the side and put sunscreen on himself.

All the girls were giggling when he looked at them. Mel crossed her arms, leaning on the side of the wall, watching them all go red.

It was the end of the day and the two had dinner with the group at 8:30. The pool closed at 7 and she and Guy were in charge of closing the pool.

Guy went to the pool room for a nap. He's been there for about an hour to get some sleep. Melanie needed him to wake up to get going, so she walked in. She sat on the bench where Guy was sleeping.

She smiled at him, shaking his leg. "Wake up sleepy head, it's time for dinner," He rubbed his eyes and smiled. He looked past her at the closed door. His eyes cleared and he realized, "Did you bring in your key?" He asked her, and she shook her head.

"Why?" she asked, looking back at the door. She got up and ran to the door, tried to open it, but it was locked. Slowly, she turned around looking at him. "Oh no,"