[8] We should call her

"I might have wanted to go skating with him!" Melanie complained. "It's been a week, and you're still complaining," Elena said, putting away her laundry.

Melanie was looking down at her watch. "If I call him now, we'll be able to go tonight, and it'll take my mind off the ducks,"

"fine, if you want to go there's nothing stopping you," Melanie's smile widened and she ran to the phone on Elena's dresser. "Wait, how do you have his number?" Elena said closing her door.

Melanie patted a spot on her bed to get her to sit down. "He slipped it through my locker," Elena picked up her duvet, "Of course he did."

Mel dialled his number, and he picked up quickly. "Hello?" a voice came from the other side. "Hey Chris," Melanie flipped her hair and Elena rolled her eyes. "Hey Mel, what's up?" she smiled nervously. "I was wondering if you may want to go skating tonight," Elena fake put her finger in her mouth and puked. Mel gave her a dirty look.

"Yeah sure, that would be great," he said, and they talked for a minute, then hung up. Once Mel had put her phone down, she ran to Elena's closet. "Excuse me, but that's my closet," Elena said.

"The Purple Shirt! The Dark Purple Shirt," when Mel found it, she changed into it. "Okay bye, have a good night's rest," she fixed her hair and ran out. Elena waved at the door.

California, Los Angeles,

"I think we should call her," said Charlie, sitting down. "No way! She was the one who left us," Jesse added.

"What do you have against every new person who comes into our lives Jesse," Guy said Angrily. "Because nobody should be trusted," he said, and Guy shook his head. "Maybe you shouldn't be trusted," they all looked around.

"What does that mean," Jesse continued to push his chest. "You don't want to know," Guy just walked away, not wanting to irritate Jesse. He walked to Bombay's office, hoping he would be in there. "Hey coach," no-one answered. He sighed and walked away. He was going to call her to tell her that they won the game. He wondered what she was doing right now. She told him about her friend who, apparently, "would love him." Maybe she was with her.

"Hey Guy," Connie said as she walked up to him. "Why hello there," he replied as they both smiled at each other. "So, Luis wanted to go check out the beach, so I'm going to go with him," Guy looked forward and smiled falsely.

"Okay," he kissed her on the cheek. "So, how do you feel about Melanie leaving," she asked as she grabbed his hand. They reached outside the arena when he finally started talking. "The team doesn't realize what she's going through," he said.

"Why did she tell you and no one else?" Guy just looked at her. "I don't know, maybe because I was the only one there for her after Luis embarrassed her in front of everyone," she shook her head in disbelief.

"And in regards, you were just going to leave with Luis anyway, I wanted to have a good time, too. And because of her, I did," Guy started walking away from her.

"Are you cheating on me with her then?" she asked, and he let out a little laugh. He turned to face her. "You know me Connie, you know I'd never do that," he said, she simply shrugged.

"I don't know," Guy rolled his eyes and walked away, not caring about what she was doing. He thought she was cheating while she thought he was cheating on her the whole time.He never had any intention of dating Melanie, he just wanted another friend who didn't know him his whole life like the ducks.

While he was walking to the store to get some ice cream, he was wondering if there was a chance that she was thinking about him, but unfortunately she wasn't, she was out with someone else.

Melanie just walked out of the locker room to face Chris Sullivon leaning against the door waiting for her in his skates. They stepped on the ice, and she glided nicely.

"If you were any other girl, I'd have to teach you how to skate, but you're are better than me!" he said, skating around her. "Is that a bad thing," she smiled at him, he was shaking his head. "It's nice to have a girl who can skate me out," he replied. She started putting her arms out at her side and began to pretend to slip and fall.

"I can pretend I don't know how," she smiled and acted as if she were struggling. He took her hand and spun her around like in the movies. "Or we can skate like normal people and get to know each other," he hoped she would say yes.

"But we've known each other since the second grade," she laughed, he continued shaking his head. "Correction, you were in the second grade, I was in the third grade, we were in the split class," Mel agreed, and they were talking about it.

"So how was Los Angeles?" he asked, and there was a grin on her face. "It was a wonderful week experience," he chuckled. "Why did you come home early, I thought the goodwill games lasted two months, plus the extra two months you're going to stay with your teammates," she shrugged.

"I wasn't comfortable there without my family," she said, "that's disappointing, I watched you guys on TV, you guys played well," he smiled brightly at the brunette girl in his gaze.

"The Iceland game was horrible, our coach freaked after, was a totally different man that night," her expression turned into a frown.

"Were your teammates nice?" he asked, and she smiled. "They were, there was one that was particularly nice to me, Guy Germaine is his name,"

"Oh Germaine, I know that name, the one who took really bad hits in the Iceland game," that made Mel laugh a little. "Yes," she said, remembering the time when Sanderson and Gunnar teamed up and shoved him into the boards, "he laughed at her words.

The buzzer went off to the end of public skating. The two biked home together, leaving Mel and Chris on her porch. "This was a lot of fun, maybe we can do it again," Melanie smiled and nodded. "Of course,"

he leaned down and kissed her on the cheek, making her face bright red. "Goodnight," he said, walking to his bike, Mel waved and walked inside, shutting the door behind her.

Authors note,
Hehe drama🥰🙈