[11] My Flight Is What?!

"So, he kissed another girl, huh," Guy said, holding on to his laugh, not wanting to upset the girl. She had a peanut butter granola bar in her hand as she walked around the house."Yes! Just because he wanted to meet Adam, how selfish that is," she replied. "Very," both of them laughed.

"Speaking of relationships, Connie and I broke up," he said quickly, so he didn't have to tell her twice. "Awe, that sucks. Why?" she asked, he didn't want to tell her that. "Well, you know, I thought she was cheating on me with Luis, and she thought I was cheating on her," he laughed.

"Really? Who did she think you were cheating with?" she asked. He didn't know what to say. He couldn't said you or she would feel bad. "Just a girl back in Minnesota," he lied.

"Oh, well, you all right," she asked, and he smiled slightly. "We're still going to be good friends, which is good,"

Melanie's mom walked in. Guy and Melanie talk so much over the phone that her mom knows exactly who he is. "Hey mom," she said as her mother put the groceries on the counter. Melanie put Guy on speaker so she could help her mom out.

"Hello Guy," Her mother said, Guy smiled on the other side of the phone. "Hey Ms Taylor," he replied, "how was your day," he asked. "It was good, how about you,"

Melanie smiled knowing that if Guy ever came to Boston, they would have a good relationship. "A lot of practice this morning, Bombay is pushing us hard because of the Iceland game," he said, sighing softly.

"Well, you should be ready for tomorrow, it's going to get a lot better," her mom winked at her. "Why, what's tomorrow, please don't tell me that Bombay is going to make us do the drill he made us do when we were in Minnesota," he said scaredly.

"Oh God, no! If he does, I'm praying for you," they both laughed. "Now I'm scared, today's Tuesday," they all laughed. "Well, Guy, I've got to get ready for school tomorrow, I'll talk to you later," she hung up the phone.

"Jordan! You can come out now," Melanie said. "Oh, right," she walked over to the closet and opened it. Her brother Jordan sat on the floor, tied up with tape on his mouth. "Melanie Marie," said her mother, with her hands on her waist.

"Yes, mother," she said, untying her 10-year-old brother. "Why is your brother in a closet with tape over his mouth?" she asked. "He was going to tell Guy that I'm going back tomorrow!" her mother rolled her eyes.

"Well, go for a shower and get ready for tomorrow," She pinched her cheeks. Melanie walked up the stairs and walked straight to her bathroom. She turned the shower on and jumped in.

— — — — — — — —

It was a lovely morning. She got dressed and went downstairs. "Morning Mel," Sammy said, beckoning to the French toast. His mother flicked him in the head.

"We've got to get you ready for the airport soon, so eat!" she placed Melanie's plate on the table. "Samuel, when you're done, help Mel with her bags, please, and thank you," he rolled his eyes when she wasn't looking.

When Melanie was finished, she walked upstairs to the bathroom just staring at her makeup bag. She never really wears makeup because she doesn't try to impress anyone. She took the mascara out and began to apply it.

She found her way to the car when she had finished getting ready. She doesn't have a special driver this time, because no one but Tibbles and Bombay knows about it.  "Are you excited?" Sammy asked, and Melanie began to nod quickly. "You don't even know! I miss Los Angeles so much," she said, looking out the window. "Is that mascara you're wearing?" Ms Taylor asked.

"Uh, maybe a little bit," she blushed. "Who is it for? Guy Germaine?" Sammy put his hands on her shoulders, and she shrugged them off. "No! It's for me," she smiled, and he leaned back to his seat. "Yeah right," she turned back and slapped his leg.

All they did on the way was jam to music and make jokes about random things. Melanie stood in line for her flight. "Love you mom, see you soon," she pulled her mother into a soothing hug. Sam and Jordan could not come in because of a long wait, but she said goodbyes to her, too.

Her mother started walking away, and she walked up to the flight attendants, "Wait! Don't let her in!" A woman said, speeding over to them. "I'm sorry, ma'am, but flight is your tomorrow," she said out of breath.

"My flight is what?!" Melanie asked, staring in the eyes of the woman. "Yes, the 6th of July, not the 5th," she said, putting her hands on her waist.

"But my ticket said the 5th of July!" Melanie continued. The woman took the ticket she had, "Ms. Bellamy, but your ticket clearly says July 6th," Melanie turned her head a little.

"Uh, this isn't my ticket, my name is Melanie Marie Taylor, not Abigail Bellamy," Melanie looked at her. "Oh! Mr. Bombay has booked your ticket, you can go, sorry for the inconvenience," she smiled, motioning to the gates. "Thank you," Melanie said, boarding the plane.

Melanie made herself comfortable waiting for the plane to begin moving. A teenage male walked up to her, "you are Melanie Taylor right?" he asked, getting excited."It depends, who's asking?" she asked. "I'm Michael, you play the junior Goodwill games, my sister loves watching your team,"

"Thank you!" she said, smiling at the man with his camera. "Can we take a picture for her?" he asked, she nodded sitting up from her seat. They took a photo and went back to their seats. She put her headphones in while she turned some music on her MP3 player. She sat back and waited until the long flight had ended.

She was very tired by the end of the flight. Even though it was 11 A.M. She got off the plane and walked over to the Wendys. She bought some fries for herself. She sat down and started eating. She felt a tap on her shoulder, turned and saw a tall figure. She looked up and smiled. It was Coach Bombay. She got up and pulled him into a hug. "Thank you so much for bringing me here," she said. He let released. "I'm glad you could come," he replied.

"So, are you going to practice at four o'clock tonight, or one tomorrow?" he asked. "If you let me take a nap in your little fancy house, ill go tonight," he laughed and nodded. "Well then, let's get you ready for a nap!" She picked up her food and they went to bombay's rental car.