two months or forever?

katelyn pulled her car into the herron's driveway. sat in front of her was a big beautiful white house with a lovely family in front of it. the oldest women waved to katelyn inside the car. the second oldest man, who katelyn recognized from her many zoom calls with him, had the biggest smile on his face and ran to the car to open the car door for his girlfriend who he hasn't seen in almost 2 months.

katelyn sprung out of the car and into zach's arms. they hugged for a brief moment before zach's mom could stop them.

zach finally let go. at this moment he couldn't feel anything but happiness. "katelyn, meet my mom." zach introduced katelyn to the woman who waved to her earlier.

"hi, call me myta," she raised her hand. katelyn smiled back, introducing herself.

"that is my little brother ryan and my little sister reese," zach said. ryan waved his hand and kindly smiled while reese jumped in excitement of meeting his brothers girlfriend.

"finally another girl to play with! will you play with me later?"

katelyn bent down until she was eye level with reese. "of course i'll play with you." reese smiled from ear to ear.

the family moved inside, helping katelyn with her belongings. myta showed katelyn to the guest bedroom. "we cleaned everything thoroughly. and made sure to kill as many germs as we can. we haven't been outside except to get groceries so we hope no one gets sick."

"thank you, myta." myta nodded and left the room leaving zach and katelyn alone. katelyn sat on the bed and zach joined her. "is there an open door policy?"

zach laughed. "yeah, kind of. but you know what there isn't? a kissing policy."

"ha! your parents would have a fit if there were one."

zach smiled and looked at katelyn. in that moment he only wanted one thing. slowly, he leaned in and kissed his girlfriend on her soft, smooth lips.
"i've been waiting forever to do that."

katelyn stared into his milk chocolatey eyes. "two months without you does feel like forever."

"that's how long i'll love you for."

"two months or forever?" katelyn questioned.

"what do you think?" zach smiled.

"two months," katelyn laughed until she couldn't breathe.