movie date

the day after zach and katelyn posted their recording together, an outburst of drama and rumors came about the fandom. their phones were constantly buzzing. and even into days later, people assumed they were dating, people assumed katelyn wanted zach for his money, people said that the song they created was horrible and that she should never produce. but what the fans don't know is that zach produced the part that the fandom heard that they just said that zach's producing skills are horrible.

"people are so ignorant. don't listen to them," katelyn whispered. she was sat at the top of zach's bed, scrolling through all the hate comments.

"i don't know if the producing thing is an attack on you or me," zach sighed. he was lying in katelyn's lap, also scrolling through hate comments and drama accounts.

"so when do we tell them we're really dating?" katelyn threw her phone down.

zach stayed quiet. he put his phone down and took a deep breath. "i'd be good with never." zach chuckled sarcastically, except it wasn't sarcastic at all. "i'm sorry that you we have to keep us private, but just know i'll love you no matter what."

"i love you too." katelyn kissed zach on the forehead then picked up her phone to read more comments.

"no," zach said, taking her phone away. enough of that. let's go do something fun." zach took her hands and pulled her out of bed.

"where are we going to go? do you want fans catching us hanging out, do you?"

"who says we have to leave?" zach led katelyn to the basement of the house. in the main room, there was a game cabinet along the wall and a ping pong table in the middle of the room. they went further into the basement, and in a separate room were a couple couches and a huge tv.

katelyn sat down on the leather seats while zach turned on the tv and speaker system. there were no windows in the room, so when zach turned off the lights it was completely dark.

"boo!" zach yelled, jumping on top of katelyn in the dark. katelyn shrieked and jumped away.

"why would you do that?" she giggled. the light from the tv came on and she could finally see zach's face.

"i thought you could use a laugh." katelyn batted her eyes at him and softly smiled. "so what movie do you want to watch?"

"lets watch the kissing booth," katelyn smiled.

zach laughed. "the kissing booth? i didn't think you liked romance movies."

katelyn's jaw dropped. "they are my favorite types of movies."

zach rolled his eyes. "fine, i'll watch one for you."

"what? you don't like them? they're so cute!"

"they're so cheesey. i can predict what's going to happen before i even know what the title is. two people are at low points in their lives, one starts to give up, the other one shows up and they fall in love, as soon as they start dating, all goes to shit and they break up and it's sad but they get together in the end and they live happily every after. the end."

katelyn was quiet for a moment. "they're so cute!" she still argued. "and it's so creative how even with one basic plot line, they can make a whole different and new story."

zach laughed. "yeah, yeah. i guess."

katelyn took the remote from zach's hand. she opened netflix and played the kissing booth anyway. they snuggled besides one another, katelyn laying her head o. zach's chest the whole time. their phones kept flashing right besides them the entire movie. they tried to ignore it the whole movie, until one of them got a phone call.

"hello?" katelyn asked into her device.

"katelyn! it's corbyn! check your instagram. you got hacked!"

katelyn sat up, panicked. "what do you mean?" she breathed into the phone.

"someone hacked into your instagram. i guess they found your archived stories from your close friends list and are posting them to your account," corbyn informed her.

katelyn opened the app on zach's phone. her profile was filled with pictures of her and zach and the other why don't we boys from prom night. there were also pictures from just hours ago of zach and katelyn kissing. katelyn couldn't believe this was real. she got so overwhelmed she started to cry.

zach hung up the phone with corbyn. he held katelyn in his arms as tears ran down her face.

katelyn started breathing abnormally. "everyone hates me."