trust and love

"hey, what are you doing?"

katelyn had been with the herron's for a few days now. she'd laid low and hadn't gone anywhere and texted her parents once a day. and her best friend abby, she texted her any second she could spare.

she was still discovering the herron house. it wasn't like a mansion or anything, but it was big for what it was. there was only closed door that katelyn still hadn't walked through yet. she knew what it was, zach's personal studio. she didn't know if she should go through it, in case it was private to him or he was afraid of her stealing music or something. but she knew that if zach really was afraid of her stealing his music, then they wouldn't be dating.

"exploring."
katelyn ran her fingers along zach's rainbow glowing keyboard. it was a little dusty, but it was alright. zach stepped into the room. he watched as katelyn stared at his plaques on the wall.

"just because i have some medals doesn't mean i'm one of those celebrities who is big headed and thinks i have all kinds of power and can run the world."

katelyn walked over to him and held his hand. "i trust you. i trust that you aren't like those people. i trust that you won't become those people, no matter how many medals you earn. and i hope you trust me and know that i don't love you only for your medals."

zach kissed katelyn and laid his head on her shoulder. "i trust you. and i love you because you are beautiful. i love you because you are funny. i love you because you are smart. i love you because you love me for me."

when the couple was done having their cheesy relationship goals moment, katelyn went back over to zach's computer. "so when are you going to show me some beats?"

zach chuckled. "you want to listen to some beats? i'll show you some beats."

"that is, unless you're afraid i'm going to steal it and share it online."

zach shook his head. "no." he shook his computer mouse and clicked on a few folders before he reached his music files. music blasted out the speakers next to the desk. katelyn listened to the music and was amazed at what her boyfriend had created.

"this is absolutely amazing."

zach blushed. "thanks."

"how do you do it? it's so good!" katelyn shouted over the noise.

"here i'll show you," zach shouted back.

zach spent the next hour teaching katelyn how to use his producing software. zach had katelyn sing a few lines into a recording microphone and then throw some music on top of zach's melody line. eventually they created a thirty second song.

"this is so cool," katelyn giggled. she sat in zach's spinny chair and vibed to the music.

"i want to post this," zach said.

"you're going to post the song with my voice in it? is that a good idea?"

"i'll leave out the part with your voice. i'll get the ending, its just instrumental." zach pulled out his phone and played the short song over the speakers again. he took an instagram story of the creation. katelyn pulled out her phone too and took a picture of zach's computer with the production software on it. she captioned it saying, "just learned how to produce"

seconds later, zach was getting spammed with instagram notifications. minutes later, so was katelyn.