managers

the drama didn't stop for days. account after account was posting pictures of zach and katelyn kissing. everyone saw those photos as a bad thing, and katelyn started to see it too. she hated herself. her self-esteme only got lower as the days went on. she thought having zach by her side through all of this would be comforting, but soon it started to drive a wedge between them. katelyn had to rethink everything she was doing. every time she went out with zach, took a photo, sent a dm, opened her phone, moved around. the thought of thousands of people potentially watching her every move flooded her mind.

katelyn hid in the guest bedroom of the herron house for days. zach tried to comfort her and bring her to a new area of the house every day, but she wouldn't leave.

"babe?" zach called, popping his head in the room. katelyn was still lying in bed as she had been for days, looking at her phone. "i know we were going to watch some movies today, but i have a last-minute zoom meeting with my management."

"your management?" katelyn asked, her voice rough from being unused.

"yeah. they wouldn't tell me what the meeting was about but they said i have to go. you should try getting out of bed today."

katelyn sat up and threw the covers off of her. "maybe i'll go to the beach. i need fresh air to clear my head."

zach was surprised by this. katelyn hadn't left her room in days and now she wants to leave the house? "you won't be afraid of getting seen?"

katelyn walked over to her closet and pulled out some baggy clothes and sunglasses. "i'll be fine if i wear a disguise, right?"

zach nodded. he couldn't say no. if he did, she might never leave the house again. katelyn put on her "disguise" and got ready to leave. she still wasn't as happy as she used to be, but she was getting better.

zach went into his studio and got on the computer. he joined his zoom meeting and was surprised to see two of his managers there.

"where are the other guys?" zach asked, completely confused.

"they won't be joining us today. we actually just wanted to talk to you."

zach furrowed his eyebrows. "what about?"

"oh, i'm sure you know, all of this relationship drama is really putting a stressor on your career, and the rest of your band members'."

zach felt his heart drop in his chest. he knew how these meetings went. it happened to a lot of celebrities. it was one of the worst possible talks you could have with your management. because of zach, and because of his relationship with someone he loves, he is losing him and the rest of the bands followers and listeners. it's all his fault.

zach tried to defend himself. "i never meant for this to happen. katelyn and i didn't want our relationship to go public, ever."

"and yet you two posted in the same area, about the same thing, and didn't think people would get suspicious?"

zach started to get angry. he could feel a rage inside of him. his managers didn't understand and refused to. but zach knew what he was doing.

"people found out we were dating because someone hacked katelyn's instagram account, not because we posted about the same thing."

"fans hacked her instagram because you posted the same thing and they got suspicious."

zach was really angry now, and his managers could see it too.

"what's done is done," one of his mangers sighed. "we can't change the past, so we must look to the future. we can't have this happening again." zach's two managers fell silent and looked at each other. zach knew what was coming. "we know this is going to be hard to hear, but please, work with us."

zach didn't want to hear it.
"no."

"zach--"

"no," he cried.

"you and katelyn need to break up."

"no."

"its what's best for the band," one of the managers whispered.

"its what's best for you!" zach screamed, "you're going to destroy my life so that you can have my money. that's all you want. i won't do it!"

"fine," his managers knew this would happen, so they had a backup plan. "i guess we'll have to make this a legal issue then. goodbye zach."

the virtual meeting ended and zach was left in tears.