the city of love

a few weeks later, the second round of the shelter-in-place was lifted. zach and katelyn knew what this meant for them. katelyn could not stop talking about going to france. she had never left the country before. soon she would be at the top of the eiffel tower; in the city of love with her boyfriend.

zach was worried about katelyn. he had never seen katelyn like this before. he had never seen katelyn be so depressed and make such spontanious decisions. not that spontanious decisions were bad, but she was putting herself at risk and putting others at risk just to make herself happy. it wasn't like her. but zach couldn't let katelyn do it alone.

soon they were at the airport. their phones were off and no fans knew they were there. they went though check in, then security, and finally they went to their gate. the airport was mostly empty. people were there, ready to go on vacation after the pandemic, go see their families out of state, or in zach and katelyn's case, leave the country.

the couple's getaway flight was called to board. they got on the airplane and took a red-eye eleven hour flight to the city of love. it was surprisingly tiring just sitting there, but in the end, it would be worth it.

katelyn fell asleep on zach's shoulder in the middle of the night as they flew over the ocean. when she woke up, her boyfriend's head was against hers and a beautiful sunrise was right outside her window. the girl smiled. the city was beneath her, no more ocean and a bright sunrise right in front of her.

the flight landed a few hours later. zach and katelyn then left the airport and went to their hotel in the city. the architecture was beautiful. daniel must love it here. even long drive was fun because they could go sightseeing as they drove by, sort of like window shopping. the hotel they stayed at was adorable. a cute little building colored red that was three stories high. zach and katelyn took their luggage and went to their second-story room.

it was perfect. for katelyn's first time in europe, the trip had so far been wonderful. she got to be with her boyfriend and see the amazing city, and now she can see the view of the eiffel tower from right outside her window.

the couple unpacked their bags into the closet and drawers. once they were done, it was dark.

zach sat at the edge of the hotel room bed and fell backwards onto the sheets. he let out a big sigh which caught katelyn's attention. katelyn stopped hovering over her luggage and joined zach beside him on the bed. she laid down next to him and snuggled her head into his chest.

"i can't believe we just ran away from our problems and went to paris instead." zach chuckled.

"you better believe it, and you're gonna love it." katelyn sighed and let herself drift off to sleep.

finally, she was happy.