Killing me softly-2

Annika's world came crashing down hearing his next words. Her life never felt more terrible to her.

A eight years old Shivaay was playing with a yellow colored water gun, the one which he and Om brought together. Holi was near and all the kids of their colony were playing with these kind of things.

He was busy splashing the colored water on one of his friends when his friend ran towards the road to save himself.

Shivaay laughed heartily running towards him. The boy crossed the road and stuck his tongue at him.

Shivaay aimed the water gun towards the boy and splash. His eyes turned wide as suddenly a car came in between and the colored water was splashed on the windshield of the car.

The driver lost the control and crashed into a electricity poll on the side. The person driving the car was along with a lady. They both were dead on the spot.

Today his dad had called him after seeing their wedding album. It had pictures from their wedding and their parents, some of them were from their courtship period.

He questioned him about a single photo of her parents. Then he got know what his one mistake had done.

It was all his fault that Annika suffered from childhood. They were her parents who died in the accident.

There family name and money saved him but she had to struggle for practically her whole life.

Annika stood there immobile for a few minutes. Tears never stopped flowing but not a single sob escaped her lips.

She walked back in the room and slowly slipped in the bed.