CHAPTER TWO

Amanda sucked in a sharp breath the moment her eyes met with that of her unbearable threat.

How could she surpass the temptation when the man find it best to crawl right back just when she was about shaking the annoying feelings off. Seems her doom had strike without warming. With the handsome man around, there was no way her heart and mind would retract to where it best suit her.

He made her mad.

Made her whimper.

Made her burn in sensitive places.

If only...

"Coconut rice and a bottle of water," Daniel requested with no trace of recognition. His oval face structured like that of a rock. Eyes cold. Lips drew into a hard line.  "Two plates." He added placing his credit card. Withdrew  his hand even before she could fully get hold of it, clearly avoiding any contact.

That stabbed at Eva in a way that involuntarily made her scrunch up her nose. She frowned as she attended to him with empowered vigor that assured of ruin if any reinforcement was added.

Wait a minute. Did he say two plates? "Two plates?" She arched a brow, trailed it to his flat tummy and then back to his unsmiling face.

"I believe you heard me clearly." He forced back a smile when she scowled. " Thought you'd be nice to accept one."

Eva, glared at him. "Do you think I'm some kind of a beggar?" Anger rose to her throat. How dare he? Hot tears hit the back of her eyes.

"How bad is it to make an innocent offer?"

"One more word from you and I am going to paint your face with your food. So you eat it right there." Eva gritted between clenched teeth.

Daniel bite his bottom lip. The beam desperate to escape, danced in his eyes.

Breathing in and out once Eva, set his order, glued her now sharp eyes to his as she handed it to him. Enraged the more to see the now relax expression occupying his face as though he finally found happiness in taunting her.

She should have known he wasn't only arrogant, but also an insufferable man who discovered another level of pleasure from her discomfort. A man who probably finds release from making jest of people he believe to be below his calibre. However she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction. His pompous ass can say all he want to her, at the end he was going to realize what a jerk he had been.

"Nice," Daniel volunteered as if reading her mind. Which, checking closely might be the case. Grinning innocently and so sweetly like sugar, he turned to leave.

"Nice what?" She couldn't stop herself from asking.

"Uniform you have on."

There he goes again! Amanda rolled her eyes.

"Learn to appreciate compliment."

"Never asked for it." She shoved his card into the POS. With a concealed start, hurriedly carried out the transaction to hide the fact that she delivered before pay. A mild, but huge mistake that had got two of her colleagues fired. Exactly what she get for not getting over the past. Was these his own version of revenge.

Without any word Daniel, picked the card she carelessly dumped on the counter, shoved it into his front pocket, picked his dish and sauntered off to the same spot he had occupied the last time he came.

Why does love sometimes comes with pain? Daniel mused as he settled for his meal. He had intended to make her interested in him again, rather he ended up roasting the whole situation. His weak heart proved not to know it best to avoid a second break. Still it yearns for her. He need to learn to protect the pieces left of it from the last at all cost.