Meeting Max

Hi everyone sorry this chapter is very very late it was my birthday so I hadn't been on my laptop and I've just been so busy doing other bits that I didn't have time to finish it but here the chapter is better late then never. 

This is a filler chapter so sorry if it's not as good. I have already written my last chapter for this story so I'm going to try and crack on and have this story done by the end of June. 

Chapter 11

"Rose! Rose...." I hadn't heard Marko when he was calling my name. I was just standing in shock trying to process what was in front of me. It wasn't until he started shaked my shoulders and blocked the view of the bodies that I snapped back and heard him saying my name.

"We need to go" He had already taken my hand not waiting for my answer dragging me towards the door.

"Wait can I grab some stuff first" he gave me a look that said seriously.

"I don't know when or if I'll be back so I want to take what I can" letting out a sigh he nodded and we raced up the wooden stairs into my room.

Pulling out a suitcase from under the bed I started chucking stuff at Marko, I learnt to always pack light you never knew when you were going to need to leave. I started with my sketch books there was no way I would ever leave them behind they meant too much to me. Next some clothes, these were essential fleeing items, some jeans, a couple of skirts, tops and underwear, whatever else you could re-buy. Then the memory box I carried around everywhere it was the only thing I had left from my human life that was so long ago. 

Last was MY patch work jacket. 

Marko wasn't the only one that had one, you see we made matching ones, they were one of a kind to us. Even though they were matching they still were different in their own ways, there were only a handful of patches that we had that were the same the rest were all unique in their own way. Pulling it out of the second box I pulled it up and smiled as I showed Marko our prized possession.

"You've still got yours?" he smiled back a sense of nostalgia as he looked over the patches on my jacket.

"Of course, I couldn't get rid of a piece of art like this"

"Put it on, I haven't seen you in it in so long" The truth is I couldn't remember the last time I wore it but seeing Marko in it made me want to wear mine again. Slipping into the jacket I gave him a spin.

"Does it still suit" I giggled as I turned back to face him but I didn't get an answer as such. Instead he crossed the distance between us pulling my body closer with a sharp tug and pressed his soft lips roughly against mine. Without thinking my lips responded back, it was like nothing had changed. The kiss still gave me the same rush it used to when I was human. If I could blush I'm sure my cheeks would be bright red. Slowly pulling away he rested his head on mine.

"We really do need to be going" he whispered.

"I guess we do"

*Time skip* 

Here I was standing outside a video shop not knowing why, neither of the boys had told me what was going on and Star and Laddie had been sent away. David led the way into the shop followed by Dwayan, Paul, Marko and finally me. The shop wasn't busy but the few people that stood in the shop stopped what they were doing to look at the boys, it was clear they weren't allowed in here as the customers eyes darted back to the man that stood behind the counter.

He was a tall man that wore thick glasses with a white frame, his shoulder padded jacket made him look more broad then what he was, with a bright coloured shirt and colourful tie to complete the look. To any normal person he looked like an ordinary man but stood by his leg was no other than a hound from hell, this was enough to say he wasn't who he seemed to be.

With a nod towards the back he signaled for us to go into the back room, there we spread out across his office. David sat in the chair opposite the desk, Dwayne leaned against the wall not far behind where David sat, Paul sat on a small unit that was in the corner of the room, while me and Marko hung towards the back of the room. Slowly he made his way into the office and took a seat in the large leather chair at the desk. 

"Normally I wouldn't see you boys out in public but you said it was an emergency, so let's not waste any time. Does the young lady in the corner have a name?" He finally looked at me after staring at David for the first half of his talk.

"My name's Rose and may I ask do you have a name?" I smiled and waited for an answer.

"Isn't she charming, not like you boys. My name is Max and if you hadn't guessed these are my boys" he smiled proudly at the statement.

"So what can I do for you my dear?" he leaned forward and waited for my answer but instead of my voice he received Marko's.

"Someone's threatening Rose"

"Oh I see and can Rose not speak for herself?" he cocked his eyebrow at Marko before his eyes rested on me.

"I can it's just I wouldn't want to over step with this being your home"

"Nonsense my dear however I am curious to why a halfling is on her own without a pack?"

"I don't have a pack, I'm not even sure who turned me. One night I was out at a party the next morning me and some others were half vampires"

"I see" he looked deep in thought.

"I have someone in mind that did this sort of thing but he died or at least we thought he had. Many years ago there used to be a vampire called Melvin back then I didn't have my boys and was part of a pack with him and some others. One day some of us decided it was time we moved on and started to grow but none of us expected Melvin to act the way he did.

He believed we were top of the food chain, which there's no denying we are but he got crazed with the idea. That humans needed to know about us, we all knew if humans found out then it would be the end of us. You see even though there were vampires there weren't as many as what there are today, it would lead to the demise of the vampire race. So we did what we needed to, none of us was proud of what we did but it had to be done"

"What did you do?" David asked

"What we had to, at the time he was known to be the best vampire hunter around and we used him to fix our problem"

"You got a hunter to do you dirty work?" David asked in disgust.

"Oh David don't say it like that, we did what we needed to and that was it"

"I don't expect anything less from you" David spat back before standing up to leave but before he could turn around Max had grabbed the blonde vampire and was now snarling at him with his demonic face.

"Need I remind you who you are talking to? I created you and I can easily take it away boy" letting go Max turned back to us human face back on display.

"Let me see if I can get in contact with any of the others and see if they've heard anything about this"

"Thank you" was all I said, there wasn't much more I could have said I had so many questions but I knew I wasn't going to get the answers I needed. We then all left the shop and made our way back to the cave. I spent the ride in silence like the rest of the boys, clearly thinking over what Max had said.