Vampire's everywhere

So I really don't know what else to do for this story I have idea's so I could keep it going but I think it's time to end it now. A massive thank you once again you have all made me so happy with the amount of reads, adding to library I never thought it would be so popular. You have all actually inspired me to write my own story to get published. 

Chapter 15

It was war us and them, there wasn't time to think as the first wave of vampires came charging at us with a blood curdling roar. A punch just missed my cheek as I moved left to avoid contact, another punch came my way that knocked me to the ground. I didn't have time to figure out what was going on around me as the weight of someone came crashing down on my throat as I gasped for air. Feeling around on the ground my fingers stretched and scraped hoping for something and if by some miracle found something hard a rock maybe, with all my strength I crashed it against the head of my captor and air began to fill my lungs as they pulled away with a snarl. Before they could come back I bent my leg up to my chest and pushed back letting the power travel down into my foot and struck their chin forcing a crack. The body quickly slouched to the floor, as I clambered to my feet looking for the others and Kim.

I found the colourful jacket that was Marko's as two vamps tackled him to the ground and started to land punches. Paul was in a similar position as they dragged him across the mud, I couldn't see David or Dwayne and that worried me. No more, there wasn't time to panic as another vamp charged at me. Only I was focused on a simple grab or there head and twist and they went down too. I wanted Kim, if I wanted this to stop then she was the one that had to go.

As I made my way through the vampires that seemed to multiply like maggots the smell of cinnamon filled the air. To anyone other than a vampire there wouldn't be such a smell. It was blood, everyone's blood had a distinct smell and what I was smelling was Marko's. It was sweet but spicy at the same time. It wasn't just blood in the air you could smell the violence, the sweat, the hatred all mixed together it's what we fed off, what made us want to keep fighting.

I charged at Kim not giving her time to react to the full force of my body coming at her as I knocked her from Marko. There we tumbled together on the ground fighting for dominance until a warm sensation dripped down my chest and a look of fear filled Kim's face as her eyes looked down to see my hand in her chest. With one swift movement I removed my hand, there was nothing she could do. My hand held onto her un-beating heart as it ripped from her ribcage, only this wasn't the end.

Humanity was coming back to me as the fangs disappeared and all that was left was a human girl lying under a dying vampire. As one last attempt Kim's hand came up to my throat and squeezed. As a half I would have been able to push her off or something but as a human there was nothing I could do, black spots started to appear but before lack of oxygen could take me. Snap there went my neck under the weight of the dying vampire.

Now I know what you're thinking, yes that night I died I didn't live happily ever after that's not how life works. This wasn't one of these kinds of stories, this was the story of how I found my best friend, the boy who I'd always loved and who I died for.