Chapter 8

Day 19 

      Do you know that the bigger the star, the shorter it's life span?. I'm not even including the sun, there are wayy more bigger stars than that. Dad always said that sometimes it doesn't matter if you're small, at least you'll shine brighter and live longer. He once showed me how stars were born and how they burn and ever since then, I fell in love with anything astronomy.

     Since I locked myself up in my room few hours ago, I haven't been able to sleep a wink. I tossed and turned for hours before finally giving up. Now I was doodling on a blank page of a random book as I sat on the bed in my dimly lit room, listening to some classical music on my phone; I've always had a soft spot for classical music. I drew stars, zodiac symbols, crowns and stick people. I haven't felt so at peace in a long time. I drew more random stuffs, feeling the music course through my veins; every crescendo and decrescendo, every consonance and dissonance. I felt like I was on cloud nine.

     I was so lost in the music, I didn't realise I was writing something; a poem. My friends were coming over today and that was all I could think about.

"F is for all of our favourite things
  R is for our special relationship
  I is simply for you and I
  E stands for everything we've been through
  N is definitely our never ending love
  D... I'll treasure you still my dying breath".

     I really was going to miss my girls when I leave tomorrow. Mom wanted a little get together before I leave, so she planned it with Amelia, Whitney, Andrew and I think Dad as well. They didn't tell me anything; who would attend, where it was been held, nothing. All Mom said was to dress nicely and she would tell me when it was time to leave. One thing I knew though, was that it wasn't held at home.

     My really angry stomach pulled me out of my oneirism. I was surprisingly really hungry; even after the feast I had hours ago. I knew there were leftovers in the fridge downstairs (we had two fridges; the one upstairs was mainly for drinks and water), but I wasn't ready to leave my room yet. I also knew that if by chance I ran into any of my family members, I would have to explain what happened at the restaurant. So at this point, I rather my stomach stay mad at me.

     The bitter sweet combo between the classical music and my stomach ache was making me really woozy. Not feeling like drawing or writing anymore, I shifted the notebook and my star imprinted pencil to the edge of the bed and laid down, covering myself up. I looked up at the ceiling, started counting and allowed the music be my lullaby as I drifted off to sleep...finally.

~•~

     Knock!...knock!...knock!

"Noo...", I slurred, turning my body away from the noise.

     The loud knocking continued and even burying my head in my pillows couldn't block the noise out. The sound stopped for a few seconds, making me think that whoever was at the other side of the door must have given up, but boy was I wrong.

     Knock!...knock!...knock! 

     I grumbled incoherently. I sat up, pulled the comforter off me and swung my legs over the edge of the bed. My plan was to quickly open the door and get right back into bed. But guess what?... I tripped...that's right. I totally forgot to uncoil the blanket from my legs. *facepalm*

     Instantly in a foul mood, I got up and hopped on one leg to the door, throwing curses at my ancestors. I fully expected to see Mom's sweet face when I opened the door, but I saw Andrew instead.