Chapter 20

Day 32

"Bryan's next court hearing is scheduled for the ending of the month. "

     The world went silent, it lost its equilibrium; pulling me down to the ground. My body went cold, tuning out all the background noises as the air around me became stuffy. My parents were freaking out, Andrew was all up in my face, shaking my body and Miss Celesta was running to my side, yet all I could do was remember. Remember it all; his voice, his smile, his annoying habits and that night. It all flashed in my head; every memory worst than the other, like a dysfunctional satellite TV.

     The past few weeks had been really hard, terrifying even. I had been trying so hard not to think about him and let me tell you, it wasn't an easy task. I always found myself hiding behind a mask while trying my utmost best to be "cured".

     Most times, I wished I could just switch it off, make it all stop hurting or something. Everything literally reminded me of him. From my not so perfect handwritten, the one he helped me hone when I was made fun of, to my love for cheese sticks. I could feel him everywhere; literally. I could clearly remember his laugh as he invaded my dreams like a plague.

"No one will ever believe you, you know that don't you..."

"Andrea!" A voice yelled, pulling me out of the dark. I inhaled deeply, like someone saved from the clutches of troubled waters with my heart beating at its normal pace again. I refocuesd my vision and came face to face with Andrew. "You okay? " He whispered, his face creased with worry.

"No one will ever believe you, you know that don't you..."

"Yeah." I let out a little chuckle, hoping to ease the tension, but I definitely wasn't fooling anyone. Andrew had his brows raised at me, studying my face a bit more. I gave him a small smile before getting up and walking into my mother's outstretched arms.

     It took about another ten minutes of reassuring everyone including Miss Celesta that I was fine. They obviously didn't buy it, but they restrained from saying any more. After another round of not being able to left go, I finally said goodbye to my family and departed from their presence. Miss Celesta was quiet for a short while as we headed to the field, her forehead creased in deep thought. She clearly had something to say, I just knew it. Maybe she didn't know how to output the words.

     Her voice made us both halt in our steps. "You know I have to report what happened in there to your therapist, right? " Her left brow was quirked as her dark eyes pierced through my soul.

     The image of having to explain with happened in there with Cherry ran through my mind and it wasn't a pretty picture. It had shivers running down my spine and my axillas tingling with uneasiness.

"Y-you don't have to though. I promise it was nothing." I smiled widely, trying to convince her...and myself as well. I pointed to myself, adding a little more emphasis. "See, I'm alright. "

"No one will ever believe you, you know that don't you...

     My smile wavered, luckily she didn't catch it. "Perfectly fine. Beside it's my birthday, please let it slide, just this once. Pl- "

"I-"

"Pleaseee. You can consider it as my birthday present. " I whined, seeing her. "Please. "

     She sighed. "Fine."

     Miss Celesta left me a while ago, promising to keep her lips sealed and warning me to take proper care of myself.

     The field was buzzing with different activities. From sack race, to jump rope, to egg race.