Chapt. 5 |:| Broken Memories

Betty Cooper POV

      I was laying in bed, on my stomach- reading The Island of Doctor Moreau by H. G. Wells. I was about 30 pages in so far until I heard a swooshing noise coming from below. I looked over and saw an orange envelop on the floor. I put my book down and slid off my bed, walking over to the envelope to pick it up. On the front, it said, Inside you'll find my heart & soul, ~Be Gentle~ in red lettering. I opened up the envelop and inside was a packet of papers. There were roughly around 5-6 papers in total. The cover of the packet of stapled papers was a girl that looked like me. A ponytail that was combed back, a cardigan, pink shirt, and a pair of dark navy-blue pants were on me. Accurate. I thought. But- My head was huge. I had fire coming out of my mouth, and I looked mad. It made me giggle and laugh. "Ha-ha!" I yelled out, hoping he could hear me. Then I looked back at the cover and laughed more.

    I walked over to sit on the side of my bed and decided to call Jug. "Why cartoons for a cover on a packet of papers?" I asked, trying to hold back a giggle. "They're subversive!" He responded. "They can be light and funny but pack a powerful punch- I think a well-drawn cartoon could say a bit more than words ever could. But, on a cover of a book- I think it's fun to look at." He stated. "Yeah?" I turned to pick up the packet, that was meant to be a book. I turned the cover of me to face him. "What does this say exactly?" I questioned, smiling. "Uh- A lot more than words ever could." He blurted out. "I think it's pretty good, especially for a writer," I stated, moving the envelope out of my way. "I think that's really good, Behind you." He pointed. "What is that?" He asked. I turned my head to look at the pair of lungs my sister Polly made me before she passed away. "Oh, those are lungs. That's brilliant. Did you do that?" He wondered. "Uh, no. My older sister, Polly." I spoke out. "Wow- She's really good. I'd love to see some more of her stuff. Do you have any?" He asked, adjusting his laying position a little. Now, I was upset. The thoughts of Polly dying were now clouding my brain. "We don't have to, uh, share our stories. Okay?" I stuttered out. "We can just do our treatments together." Then I ended the call. Shit. Why'd he have to bring up the fact that her art was nice...? 

Jughead Jones POV

       I invited my friends over for a little bit. I offered them to help me dig a little more on Betty's life. Once they arrived, I watched a video. "Hey, guys! I have to get a nasal poly..." She wondered. "Polypectomy. We're removing polyps from your nasal passages." The doctor answered. "And Betty's nervous. But I'm gonna be there to sing her to sleep. Just like always." A girl said, who I assumed was Polly. 

"I love you"

"A bushel and a peck." ♪

"A bushel and a peck" ♪

"Don't sing the whole thing yet!" Betty yelled, laughing.

"And a hug around your neck!" 

"You're gonna jinx it! SHH! SHH!" Betty tried to turn away.

"And a barrel and a heap." ♪

"You're gonna jinx it!" Betty laughed. 

"A barrel and a heap, and I'm talking in my sleep about you~" ♪

    "But seriously," Polly stated. "I'm gonna be there when you go to sleep, and I'm gonna be here when you wake up. Okay?" "Okay," Betty said. Then they both did a pinkie-promise and kissed their hands. "I love you." Polly finally said. "I love you too," Betty responded and smiled at her sister. "My sister Polly, ladies and gentlemen." She spoke up at the screen. "She's single by the way!" She laughed. "Stop! Stop!" Polly said. "Her digits are..." Betty was giggling. "Betty, stop!" Polly was laughing. Then the video ended.